• 45 •

Annabeth's POV      

"So. This is the ultimate test." I said dramatically. Percy was driving us to our two month anniversary date. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, just that it was a picnic.

"What do you mean?" Percy looked a bit nervous.

I laughed at his uneasiness. "Oh you'll see." I smirked at him. He simply smiled and kept his eyes on the road, driving ahead.

***

Percy pulled into a small parking lot near a trail surrounded by woods. "Here we are." He unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car. He quickly ran to my side of the car to open the door for me.

He held out his hand. "M'lady." He grinned at me.

"Thank you sir." I said. We laughed together. Percy reached in the back seat and pulled out the basket.

"Percy, were not walking are we? I am not wearing the right clothes for that." I was wearing a grey sleeveless turtleneck dress, with a jean jacket and brown combat boots. I know what you're thinking; it's way too cold to wear that in January! But the weather has been freakishly warm lately. This winter it's barely snowed. Today, it had been sixty degrees. My jean jacket was thick so I was warm enough. My hair was curly from braids I had in earlier, and two little braids trailed around my head, connecting in the back.

Percy had been wearing khaki pants, a blue and grey plaid dress shirt untucked, and a little grey bow tie. He even tried to come his hair with gel. It was cute. Over that, he wore a light north face jacket. "It's only a little bit of walking, don't worry." He reassured.

"Ok. If you say so." I grabbed his hand and he led me down the path.

The walk was about five minutes long. When we reached a certain point in the path, he stopped and looked in the direction of a very close clump of trees. He began to walk through the forest, careful to move any tree branches out of my way, or grab my hand to help me over a log. He's such a gentleman. Sally raised him right.

After about seven minutes of weaving in and out of trees and branches, we reached the clump of trees. In the middle of them all stood a tree house. It was big, and was split into two rooms. One room was in a tree to the right and the other in a tree to the left. There was a small bridge between the two, and a rope ladder leading up to the right room.

Fairy lights and the occasional lantern strung all through the trees and along the houses. It was beautiful.

"Percy..." I began. "This is beautiful." I breathed.

Percy beamed at me. "Thanks. Follow me." He began walking to the rope ladder. I followed. He gestured for me to go first. I began to climb, grabbing each rung tightly, afraid to fall. Percy waited at the bottom, ready to catch me. I was glad that I wore spandex shorts under my dress. I didn't need Percy staring at my butt, though he's too much of a gentleman to do that. When I was up safely, he began to climb after me. I stood up inside the little room.

More fairy lights strung across the walls, making the room dim. It was romantic and... perfect. There was a deck at the back of the room, where I could see that the sun was just beginning to set. We had a perfect view from the tall tree tops. I followed the sight until the forest ended and the city began. I could see all the lights of the hustling bustling city.

The sun shown brightly on my face. I squinted my eyes before blocking the suns rays with a hand.

It was surprisingly warmer in the tree house.
Percy came up and joined me a few seconds later. "Here we are." He smiled at me.