• 6 •

Annabeth POV

Oh my God. Percy. Freaking. Jackson. Just tried to kiss me.

I'm freaking out. Oh my gosh. I just want to forget it ever happened, but at the same time, I don't.

Oh no. No no no. Annabeth. Snap out of it. You are not in love with Percy. That was nothing. You were just in a small space and happened to face each other. That's it. I told myself.

But I couldn't help but notice how he leaned in as if to make the first move, and I was about to let him. Right up until my conscience told me I shouldn't. I guess I just freaked out. If I had let him kiss me, it would have been my first.

I had my first kiss with the hottest guy in school in a janitors closet while getting cleaning supplies. Real classy.

I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me. I had to keep things under control. If I let anything slip, God only knows how it would end.

I ran back into the classroom and started to clean the foam off the floor. It seemed like I was going to have to scoop it up somehow. I grabbed some paper towels and began to gather the foam. Suddenly, Percy was also on the floor cleaning. He really must not have known what he was doing because he was following my lead. Doing exactly as I did. I smiled to myself. It was kind of cute.

"What?" He asked, clearly seeing my smile.

"What?" I asked back trying to play it off.

"You were just smiling. What for?" He continued.

"Oh, nothing. Just..." I quickly made an excuse. "Something Piper said earlier." I decided.

"Piper is your friend with the brown hair, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. She's really my only friend, actually." I admitted.

"Oh. Well, if you want, you can sit with me and my friends at lunch tomorrow. Piper too." He offered.

I considered this. Did I want to get involved with the popular kids? Eh, why not? "Sure." I said with a smile. He smiled back. Ugh, his smile. Though, this wasn't one of his signature, mischievous smirks. This was a genuine grin. Like he was really happy that I was sitting with him. Maybe he was. Maybe he wanted to get closer to me.

No Annabeth. Keep it under control. My conscious reminded. You're right, conscious. I need to stay on track.

We kept cleaning up until all the foam was gone.

"Finally." I groaned. "It feels like this took forever." I added.

"Yeah." Percy agreed. "Definitely learned my lesson: do not mix all the chemicals together at once." He said with a chuckle. "But, despite the mess, you gotta admit it was pretty awesome." He insisted.

I gave him a look like 'really?'. Finally, I laughed and gave in. "Fine. It was kind of cool." I said while playfully rolling my eyes. "We're finished Mrs. Ramirez. We cleaned everything up." I announced. Mrs. Ramirez came over to inspect the floor and table.

"Alright. You are dismissed." She said.

***

"I can't believe that took a whole period." I said. "I'll have to get the notes from Piper." I decided.

"Yeah. Hey can I get the notes from you after you get them from Piper?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, sure."

We continued to walk down the hall to our lockers, which were surprisingly close. I had never noticed before. As we walked, I got some glares from a couple of girls, probably envious of me. I shook them off. If they want Percy they can have him. He's just a friend.

I'm sure the janitors closet says otherwise.

No. Forget it Annabeth. It never happened. My conscience chided. Right. Nothing happened.

"Alright. Well, I gotta head to swim practice. So, I'll see you tomorrow?" Percy asked.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." I replied.

I then walked out the front doors and began walking home. I had a lot to tell Piper.

Author's note

Longer chappie I know. And people are reading this like what? Jdbsnslgsjkja. Low key excited. Anyways this was kind of like a filler. Nothing exciting really happened. But trust me it's about to get good. I have some ideas for the future. I feel so powerful being able to control the story. Anyways, I'm ranting now. Sry. Hope you like.