• 26 •

Percy's POV

"They're gonna freak out." I said with a grin.

"I know. And it's going to be amazing." Annabeth smirked at me mischievously.

We were walking into school, hand in hand. It was Monday morning. Today, we were breaking the news that Annabeth and I are together. God, that sounds amazing. Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson are dating. Annabeth is my girlfriend. I like the sound of that. My grin grows the slightest bit wider.

This past weekend has been really fun. Annabeth and I went to the park, and watched movies, Finding Nemo more than once, and we made a blue cake that Annabeth obviously made sure was 'structurally sound' and all that jazz because my Wise Girl is an architect.

And then, there was the part where I told Annabeth about what happened. I cried and she just held me. She held me so tight, with my head on her chest. When I told her how I felt about it all, how I was scared and angry and helpless, she held me even tighter, and I could practically hear her heart break. Which made me even sadder, which made me cry harder, which made Annabeth hug me even tighter, which I didn't think was possible. Then again, she did nearly brake my nose with a volleyball.

There's just something about Annabeth that helps me open up. I've only ever cried like that in front of her. It only happened with my mom once, when I was younger. Annabeth makes it easier because I'm comfortable with her. When I'm with Annabeth, it just feels... right. Like this is where I'm meant to be. This is how my life should be going. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

We stop before the school's main entrance. The doors are only two feet ahead of us.

"You ready?" I ask.

"More than ever." She gave me a bright smile.

I smiled back. "Here goes nothing."

Author's note

Guys don't worry, I'm working on the next chapter as you're reading this. I just wanted a little Percy POV to mix it up but I know short chappie. I'll make the next one longer. Sorry.  And 700 reads!? You guys are crazy man. Thank you. And who do you think is gonna flip out first? Comment and lmk.
-bella💕