• 17 •

Annabeth's POV

Wait for It from Hamilton played in my right ear as I walked to school.

"I think that's Annabeth Chase!"

"She's the girl who sings on YouTube!"

Those were just two of the whispers I heard.  People were beginning to recognize me from the video. I really hope this a five-second-fame kind of thing because I am not ready for the spotlight.

I just kept walking with my head down and eventually I made it to school.

As I walked down the hallways to my locker, some people stared in awe or pointed. I hung my head lower, pulling my Yankees cap down to try and hide my face. The last thing I wanted to deal with was people asking for pictures and autographs.

I finally made it to my locker and was met by Percy. He noticed me walking with my head down. "Hey. Are you ok?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I lifted my head so he could see my face. He smiled. "I'm just trying to dodge all of the looks and the pointing. This video really blew up."

Reyna came walking towards us. "Hey. What's up?"

"The views on my video, that's what's up. I checked this morning, and it has 300,000 views now, and is at number six on trending." I said. "People are pointing and staring. The popularity is not my thing. I hate the attention."

"Hey, I'll walk with you. Anybody needs staring down, just give me a nudge."

"Thanks Reyna." I smiled. "I would do it myself, but I'm trying not to draw attention to myself."

"It's cool. I got your back." Reyna smiled.

"I'll walk with you too. I'll beat any guy's ass." Percy said.

I laughed. "Thank you seaweed brain."

And so I closed my locker and began to walk down the halls with my two new best friends beside me. Percy on my right and Reyna on my left.

***

"Here she comes." Reyna said.

I heard high heels clicking and clacking against the tile floor of the lunch room, heading in my direction. I turned around to the plastic mean girl. The almighty: Drew. Tanaka.

"Hey Annie." She said with a fake smile on her plastic face.

"What do you want Drew?" I asked with an obvious unamused face that said I'm not in the mood.

"Look. I'm gonna be straight with you. Stay away from Percy Jackson. He's mine." She began to bend over me a bit.

I stood up, not about to take her shit, and let her get in my face. At this point, everyone was quiet and looking at us. Reyna gave me a look like just give me a signal and see how fast I send her to the nurse.

"Wow and I thought Saturn was dense." I got a few laughs. "Drew. I can tell that you're not exactly the brightest bulb, but it doesn't take a brain scientist to see that Percy doesn't want to be with you."

Drew looked stunned. "Um yes, he does. He has to. I am the most popular girl in school and he is the most popular guy. We're just meant for each other." She said.

"Ok look." At this point my voice was like I am really not in the mood, and you're pushing my buttons. "Percy is not a prize to be won. He decides who he does and doesn't like. And if what he tells me is true, than you end up on the dislike list."

Drew just stood there, furious.

"Let me help you get it through your thick head. Maybe all that hairspray is seeping through to your brain." I stood up on the table and raised my voice. "Attention everyone. Percy Jackson, does not, I repeat, does not like Drew Tanaka." I yelled cupping my hands at the sides of my mouth.

Reyna was just sitting down, her mouth in an open grin like oh shit. She just did that. And it was awesome. She was trying not to laugh but ultimately failing. Drew shot her a death glare when she was done laughing, but Reyna just looked at her like what? You wanna fight? Cause I can go right now. Drew backed down.

I love Reyna.

"Is this true?" Drew snapped at Percy.

Percy stood up on the table right next to me. He gave me a smile like I got you. "I do not, I repeat, do not like Drew Tanaka."

I smiled back. This is why I like Percy.

Drew scoffed and stormed out of the cafeteria. Everyone was stunned. Then, Reyna got up and started clapping slowly. Everyone else joined in, and soon the entire cafeteria was filled with applause. I heard some comments like;

"That was awesome!"

"Finally!"

Reyna was clapping the loudest and beamed at me. Percy and I got down from the table and sat in our seats.

"I'm really proud of you." Reyna said, smiling.

"Thank you." I smiled back and we hugged each other so tightly.

Then Piper came over to me from the opposite side of the table, she had been sitting across from me, and hugged me.

She pulled away. "Annabeth! That was awesome. I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself." She said.

"Thank you Pipes." I said and engulfed her in a hug again.

Then there was Percy. "That was amazing." That seemed to be all he could say. He was beaming at me, wearing the biggest grin.

"Thanks. But I couldn't have done it without you backing me up." I insisted.

"Always."

"Always." I nodded.

We sat there smiling at each other. Just looking into each other's eyes.

Now Drew knows not to mess with me.

Or does she?

Author's note

Ooohhh what do you think drew will do?? And don't worry. Piper and Annabeth are still best friends even if I don't include it much. I am just in love with Annabeth and Reyna so I'm focused on that. And I'm trying to make thalico a thing. I totally forgot I included Nico, Connor and Travis. You won't see a lot of the Stolls, but I'll try to put in Nico.

Anyways hope you enjoyed!
-bella💕