• 19 •

Percy's POV

"Annabeth!" I immediately ran onto the mat and kneeled next to Annabeth. As I had watched what happened, everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. Drew swung a left hook, somehow, strong enough to knock Annabeth to the ground.

Reyna stood over me along with Coach Hedge. Annabeth seemed to be unconscious. Drew just stood there, waiting.

"Take her to the nurse." Coach said. Reyna gave Drew a death stare that made Drew shrink back. I could tell Reyna was trying her hardest not to pounce on Drew right about now.

I scooped up Annabeth bridal style and carried her to the nurse's office. Reyna was right next to me to open doors or shoo people away.

As I walked out of the gym I heard Coach yell
"Tanaka! Get to Principal Minerva's office! Now!"

Whatever she gets, she deserves it.

She hurt Annabeth. I'm furious at her. If she were a guy, I'd be kicking his ass right now.

Reyna opened the door to the nurse's office.

"Oh dear." The nurse said when she saw Annabeth. Ms. Hestia was a sweet older woman. She was kind to everyone who walked into her office and took good care of them. "Set her down right there."

I gently laid Annabeth down on the bed. (Like a bed in a doctors office when you get a check up)

"What happened?" Ms. Hestia asked.

"Well we were in gym and Coach had us wrestle each other and Annabeth was up against Drew and she punched Annabeth." I explained. I was really worried for Annabeth. Reyna put a hand in my shoulder for reassurance.

"Well, she will be ok. But she just needs to rest. You can come back at the end of the day for her , if she's not awake before then." Ms. Hestia said.

"I don't wanna leave Annabeth—" I began to argue, but Reyna cut me off.

"Percy. She'll be fine. We'll come back for her. Ms. Hestia will take good care of her." Reyna assured me.

I reluctantly obliged. I knew that Ms. Hestia would take good care of Annabeth but... I don't know. I just wanted to stay. Unfortunately, Reyna ushered me out of the office and to our next class.

I couldn't focus on anything but Annabeth. I tried to take notes but I just ended up doodling Annabeth's name. I tried to pay attention to the lesson but then something would come up that reminded me of Annabeth.

When the blue particles mix with the grey particles— oh, Annabeth has grey eyes.

The horses blonde fur shimmered in the sun—oh, Annabeth has blonde curls.

I just couldn't get her out of my head. The way her eyes shine when she smiles at me. The way her blonde hair shimmered golden in the light of the setting sun on the beach. How her smile gets so big and her perfect teeth show when she laughs. The way she smiles timidly after she sings beautifully. Or how she insists that she's not good at volleyball after she nearly broke my nose. I just love everything about her. All her perfections and flaws. Everything.

But she has no idea. She has no idea how fascinated I am by her. By her beauty. Her strength. But she's strong and beautiful inside and out. Physically and emotionally. She lost her mother. She's dealt with Drew all these years.

I could never put up with bullying. If I was bullied on top of being beaten by my step father and my dad leaving, I think that I would snap. I couldn't withstand all of that.

That's why I want to help her. I want to take some of her burden. Carry some of the weight on her shoulders. Pull up the anchor that's holding her back.

***

It was finally the end of the day. Reyna and I went to get Annabeth. Thankfully, she was awake. Ms. Hestia said that she woke up only a few minutes before we came in.

"Hey." I peeked my head in the door to see Annabeth sitting up on the bed, her legs hanging over the side.

"Hey." She said quietly.

"How're you feeling?" Reyna asked from behind me.

"I'm good. A little dazed but, Ms. Hestia gave me some Advil for my headache, so I don't feel that as much anymore."

"That's good." I said. "Um, Mrs. Minerva said that if you're up for it, she would like to meet with you in her office."

"Ok." Annabeth stood. She stumbled but I caught her. "I'll be fine. Come on." She said. She began to walk but very slowly and I trailed close behind, ready to catch her again.

"Wise girl, come here." I said. She walked over to me and I bent down for her to get on my back.

"Percy, you cannot give me a piggy-back ride in school." She insisted.

"I can and I will." I said, not giving in.

"You're not gonna let me walk are you." She said.

"Nope."

Then she sighed before hopping on my back, wrapping her arms loosely around my neck—I could tell she was trying not to choke me, which I appreciated—and I held on to her legs. She leaned forward and put her head on top of mine.

We kept walking with Reyna next to us.

"I am so third wheeling right now." She said.

"No you're not. Annabeth is injured and needed my help. That's all. She needs you here for moral support." I said.

"Yeah." Annabeth said.

We finally made it to the principal's office. I set Annabeth down and she walked into the office while Reyna and I waited outside. As she walked up, I noticed how she had regained her bearings and was steady. I was glad that she was ok.

***

After waiting for what seemed like forever, Annabeth finally came out of the office and over to us.

"Annabeth! Are you ok? You were in there for like five years!" I said.

"It was ten minutes Percy. You're so dramatic." Reyna remarked while rolling her eyes.

Annabeth just laughed. "I'm fine. Mrs. Minerva just informed me that Drew is on a week suspension for the injury of another child and cheating. It's against the rules to throw a straight punch in wrestling. At least here it is." Annabeth explained.

"Yes! No Drew for a week!" Reyna gave me a high five.

"The break will be nice." Annabeth agreed.

"Alright. Let's get you home. Hopefully a good night's sleep will have you fully energized and happy." I said.

"Percy, I'm fine." Annabeth said with a smile. "And I appreciate your worry. But seriously, I'm cool." She reassured me.

"Ok. But it's the end of the day anyways." I said.

"Oh, can I have the notes?" Annabeth asked me.

"Oh. You see... I uh... he he... I was kinda busy worrying about you so I couldn't focus on my notes." I said with a sheepish smile. I hoped she couldn't tell I was blushing.

"You're such a seaweed brain." She laughed. "Reyna do you have them?"

"Yeah. I'll give my notebooks at your locker. I just need them back for tomorrow." Reyna said.

"Yeah that's fine. Thanks."

"No problem."

"Alright. We really should go." I said.

And with that, the three of us walked to the school's main entrance, after going to our lockers. We pushed through the doors and walked across the parking lot to my car.

And we began the drive home.

Author's note

Aw Percy is so cute worrying about Annabeth and all. Anyways. Percabeth is coming soon! I promise. I feel like other fan fictions sometimes rush into Percabeth. But I'm takin it slow.
Hope you guys liked
And we hit 300 reads today like whaaaa??  Thank you so much for reading my trash. Appreciate it
-bella💕