• 15 •

Annabeth's POV

"Ready to go?" Percy asked me.

"Yeah let me just grab my geometry books." I said.

Percy, Reyna, Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo, his girlfriend Calypso, and I, were all going to the beach today. Calypso went to a different school, so they don't see her much and I've never met her.

Why were going to the beach in November, I have no clue. It was Leo's idea.

Percy and I were heading down the hallway to the school's main entrance. Everyone was meeting in the parking lot so we could drive to the beach together.

It was surprisingly warm for November. It was about sixty degrees.

We met up with the others and we all piled into the cars.

In Percy's car it was me, Leo, Calypso, Reyna and obviously, Percy was driving. Then in Jason's car was Hazel, Frank, Piper, and Jason was driving. Jason would follow Percy as he drove to the beach.

Leo had the volleyball in his lap with Calypso next to him, and Reyna next to Calypso. I sat in the passenger seat.

After about twenty minutes, Percy turned up the volume on the radio. And what was playing?

Dancing Queen.

"Remember this Wise Girl?" Percy asked with a huge grin on his face and a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Oh my gosh." I said, also beaming.

Leo and Calypso looked completely confused. Reyna just looked like here we go.

Percy began to sing and oh. My. Gosh.

***

By the end of the song, everyone was catching their breath from laughing so hard, and I was wiping away tears.

This will never get old.

***

We finally arrived at the beach after an hour and a half drive. It was now four thirty.

We all filed out of the cars.

"Alright my peeps!" Leo said tossing the volleyball up and then catching it. "Lets go!"

Everyone followed Leo to the beach. Frank And Hazel held hands as they walked together. Leo and Reyna were arguing about something while Calypso just watched. Jason and Piper had fallen in line with each other. Leaving Percy and I. We just walked along in comfortable silence.

"So. What did you think of my newest rendition of Dancing Queen?" Percy asked with a smile.

"I think it was the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard. You're even better than me." I said, my voice dripping in sarcasm.

"Well. If you insist." Percy said.

We both laughed afterward. God. Percy is so funny and sweet and attractive and he just gets me—Annabeth! Stop. You are not falling for Percy Jackson.

And my conscience is back! So happy! *rolls eyes as smile drops*

"Alright!" Leo announced. We made it to the volleyball court. "Everyone, gather around. I'll explain the game for those who don't understand and give you guys positions." Leo said.

After giving my phone to Hazel to put in her bag—yeah she's definitely the mom of the friend group—I walked to the middle of the court in front of the net.

After Leo explained the game, he gave us our positions. Obviously, the positions weren't really valid because there were nine of us. Leo put five people on one side and four on the other.