• 8 •

Annabeth's POV

The next day at school was pretty normal. Nothing really happened between Percy and I.

As I was walking to my locker with Piper before lunch, I remembered Percy's offer. "Hey, yesterday Percy asked me if we wanted to sit with him and his friends today. Is that cool?" I asked.

"Did he say 'you' or 'you and Piper'?" She asked.

"He seriously said 'Piper too'." I assured her.

"If you say so."

"So you'll sit with them for me?"

"Of course. I couldn't leave you alone. Well, you would have Percy, but still."

"Thank you." I said with a smile. She smiled back.

We put our stuff in our lockers and headed to lunch. After we got our food, we walked over to Percy's table.

"Hey." I said kind of awkwardly.

"Oh hey Annabeth!" Percy's face lit up when he saw me. My smile grew wider.

"Here, come sit." I sat next to Percy and Piper sat next to me. Percy's shoulder brushed against mine as I sat down and I could feel his muscly arm through the fabric of our shirts.

No Annabeth. There is nothing here! Forget it! And there it is. Right on time. My conscience reigning me in. Reminding me that I will never have a chance. Sometimes, I wish my conscience was a person, so I could punch them in the face. But I knew it was right.

"This is Reyna, Thalia, Jason, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Nico, and Connor and Travis Stoll." Percy listed them off. "Guys this is Annabeth and her friend Piper."

I waved politely. "Hi." I spoke timidly.

"Ah so this is the lovely Annabeth I have heard so m—"  Percy clamped a hand over Leo's mouth. I laughed.

Percy talked about me? Oh God. Percy Jackson talks about me to his friends. Boring old Annabeth Chase. Oh wow. This is a lot to take in. Control it Annabeth. Leo was probably just making a joke. He's known for trying to embarrass his friends. Right. Keep on track.

"Hey I think I have biology with you." Reyna looked at me with a but of a puzzled, her friendly look.

"Yeah. You do look familiar. I've definitely seen you before." I agreed.

"We should sit together next time." Reyna suggested.

"Yeah. That would be cool." I accepted. We smiled at each other.

Piper seemed to be getting along just swell with Jason. I could see the electricity between them. I watched the sparks fly. They are so star struck by one another. This was beginning of a beautiful relationship. I smiled at the thought.

Suddenly my mind drifted to me and Percy. What if we were a couple? What would everyone think? Drew would make my life more of a living hell than it already is. I would get snickers and sideways looks from other girls out of envy. But, despite it all, I would be happy. I would be with Percy.

Annabeth! Snap! Out! Of! It! My conscience scolded me. I internally sighed but kept a smile on my face. I would never be with Percy. And that's that.

We were all talking and I think we really hit it off. They all seem really nice and okay with letting me and Piper into their group. That was refreshing. It was nice to gain some friends.

Not that I'm saying I don't love Piper. She's amazing, but I think it will be good for us to join a new, bigger crowd. But no matter what, Piper will always be my best friend. No matter what, no one can replace her. Ever.

Bye the end of lunch Piper and I said thanks and headed back to our lockers. When I was at my locker getting my books for trigonometry, I heard someone call my name. I looked up to my left and was greeted with familiar sea green eyes.

"Annabeth, wait up." Percy called.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Uh, I really liked you sitting with us at lunch today." He said. "Uh, Piper too." He quickly added. He said he liked sitting with me.

"Sure." I said.

"Oh and... I was wondering if... uh... you wanted to hang out tomorrow after school?" He have me a questioning look.

"Yeah. Sounds fun." I accepted with a smirk and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Alright cool. We'll go to my place after the day is over." He said.

"Alright. Sounds good." I said.

"Cool. Well I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. See you tomorrow."

We smiled at each other one last time. Then he gave me one last look before walking off. I closed my locker and headed for room 104 - trigonometry class.

I was hanging out with Percy Jackson tomorrow. I was going to his house.

I'm still shocked I was able to have a normal conversation with him.

Let's hope I don't botch this up tomorrow.