• 5 •

Percy's POV

We stood there in the muck while everyone else walked off to their next classes. Annabeth looked like she was trying to think of a plan. She was always thinking. She seemed to be calculating every action and move before she, or someone else did it. Behind those gorgeous grey eyes, the gears in her head were constantly turning. God, she is brilliant.

I thought that this was awesome. However, Annabeth did not. She gave me a look like 'I can't believe you just did that. Start cleaning before I push you off a bridge.' The smile that was on my face melted off as realization dawned on me. We better start cleaning.

She began to try and push the foamy liquid into her bin with a paper towel. It seemed to work so I did the same.

"So, how did this happen exactly?" She asked with a hint of frustration in her voice.

"Well... you see, uh..." I began. She made me feel like my plan was really stupid. But hey, we got a reaction didn't we? "I kind of poured all of the chemicals together. And they kind of... yeah." I finished, blushing.

"Well. Brilliant." She said with a sigh.

I felt bad that she had to clean up my mess. It wasn't her fault that I was being impulsive and wasn't thinking.

"Hey. You can go and get cleaned up. I'll finish this." I offered.

"No, no. It's fine. I can't let you clean this up by yourself. And it's not just because I'm a nice person, but also because, after what just happened, I'm afraid to leave you alone with chemicals." She said with a quiet laugh.

I laughed in response. I watched her as she worked. How her grey eyes were focused on what she was doing and determined to get the job done correctly and completely. How strands of her blonde hair would fall in her face despite her efforts of pushing them behind her ears. She looked so beautiful. So... natural. All of the other girls spend hours caking on makeup every morning. It looked like she spent five minutes with some mascara and chapstick.

When we had gotten all of the foam off the table. We moved on to the floor.

"Alright. To clean the floor, we're going to need a mop and some other cleaning supplies. Come with me to get them?" She asked.

"Sure." I said before she lead me out of the classroom. We went to the janitors closet. We both went in to grab a broom and the spray bottles. The door had closed behind us, but thankfully we had turned the light on. Suddenly, I was facing Annabeth. We were so close that we were practically touching. Our faces just inches apart. I could smell her lemony scent and minty breath.

God, I want to kiss her so badly. I thought. I decided to act on my instincts. I leaned in. She began to lean in too, but very slowly like she was debating with herself. We were only a centimeter apart.

"We should get back to the class room." She said quickly. She turned and opened the door, then speed walked back down the hallway with me behind her.

I got the feeling that she wanted to kiss me, but wouldn't. Maybe I said something? I don't think so, though. There hasn't really been much dialogue. Part of me told myself to forget this ever happened, because I could sense that's what she wanted. She wanted to act like there was nothing here.

I wasn't going to force anything out of her. I had a feeling that if I pushed, she would push me. Off a bridge. Besides, I don't want to scare her away. I just hope she realizes someday, rather sooner than later, that there is some chemistry between us. There is something here.

Until then, I'll take it slowly, day by day.

Author's note

Wow people are actually reading this. Like wow. Thank you. I think you are good human. Don't forget to comment and vote! (Wow look at me being such a writer (; )