• 28 •

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth!" I ran downstairs as Percy knocked on my door nonstop. "Annabeth open up! It's me! It's Percy! I have good news!"

I laughed. "I'm coming!" I yell. I open the door and Percy is still in mid-knock. He puts his hand down. Before either of us can say anything else, he scoops me up and carries me further into the house, giving himself more room to spin me around.

"Percy!" I laugh. He finally puts me down. Then he grabs my face and kisses me. I pull away, laughing. "What is so important that you must barge into my home on this Wednesday afternoon?" I asked, still smiling.

"You know the whole thing with you-know-who and... yeah? Well, he has officially been put in jail for the next twenty years, and my mom has officially divorced him, and we got a restraining order against him so he is out of our lives for good!" Percy exclaimed.

"That's great!" I beamed at Percy. He spun me again. Then he kissed me.

"I" He kissed me. "am" He kissed me. "so" He kissed me. "Happy." He kissed me one last final time, long and sweet.

I finally pulled away. "I'm happy for you Seaweed Brain." I smiled at him. "Hey what time is it?" I asked.

"It is 5:58. Why?" Percy asked.

"Crap! Dance starts at six! I'm gonna be late!" I start to grab my stuff and throw it in a bag— water bottle, phone, house keys, dance shoes, etc. I don't have time to change. The sweatpants and t-shirt I'm wearing will have to do. Percy and I walk outside. "I gotta go."

"Ok. Well, see you tomorrow." He gave me one last kiss. He started to walk off to his apartment. I began to run to the studio that's three blocks away. Diana is not going to be happy with me.

***

"Annabeth, you're late. This is new." Diana said as I fumbled with my ballet shoes.

"I know, I'm sorry. My boyfriend had some really good news, and I got sidetracked." I explained.

"Boyfriend?" She asked. Diana was like a mother figure for me. She's been my dance teacher since I was three. She was there for me when my mother died. She helped me through a lot of that. She was always there for me when I needed to talk to her about my personal life, or something non-dance related. She was a big part of my life and I have no idea where I'd be without her.

"Yeah. I haven't mentioned him before?"

"No. Tell me about him."

"Well, he has messy black hair, absolutely gorgeous sea green eyes, he's a bit of a troublemaker, but it's funny. He's the sweetest guy I know. He's so childish and it's freakin adorable. And he's a seaweed brain."

"He sounds perfect for you."

"Really? I mean, he is perfect, but I'm surprised of this response." I look at her questioningly.

"Well, he sounds like exactly what you need. And you sound like exactly what he needs. You balance each other out."

"Well, thank you. I appreciate that." I smiled at her. She smiled back, just as warmly.

"Well, lets go! Get out here!" She called to me while walking away.

I just sighed and followed.

***

By the end of dance class at eight, I was sore. I had to be ready for this recital that I have on December twentieth. I'm doing a solo—the dance of the sugar plum fairy. Am I extremely nervous? Absolutely. Am I prepared? I think so. Do I have new found confidence after performing at the talent show? Of course. But overall, I can't wait for this recital.

But the worst part of it? I can't even go home. Now I have to go to play practice at school. Why it's so late? I have absolutely no idea. But hey, it is what it is.

"Alright. I have to head to play practice." I said while changing my shoes. "I'll see you all on Friday." I say before walking out.

"Bye Annabeth!" The little girls called out to me. I looked back and waved at them. As the oldest student at the studio, I'm the most experienced. Diana once told me that the little ones look up to me like I'm a legend. I thought it was adorable.

***

I finally reached the school doors. I pushed through them, quick to get out of the cold November air. I walked through the halls to the auditorium. The sound of my footsteps echoed throughout the corridor. I began to do a little tap sequence. As a dancer, this is kind of a habit. I just did random tap moves like flaps or shuffles. The sound rang through the hallway. Clean and sharp. I did that all the way to the auditorium doors. When I reached them, I stopped and walked in. There were people sitting in the many rows of chairs or on the stage. A couple groups talked here and there. When the heard me walk in, their heads snapped in my direction. Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Alright. Let's get some practice done!"

Author's note

Guys! 800 reads!!??? Omg. You guys are crazy. Thank you. Anyways. This chappie is short but it's kind of a filler. Sorry for nothing exciting but I promise it's gonna get good. Hope you enjoyed!
-bella💕