• 9 •

Annabeth's POV

"So I ended up kicking his ass." Reyna finished.

"Oh my gosh." I said while laughing.

Today at lunch—still at Percy's table—Reyna sat next to me. She just finished telling me a story of when she was eight, she punched a kid in the nose at the beach once because he took her sand toy.

I've been speaking with Reyna for about, 10 minutes?

I already love her.

She is an independent badass who stands up for herself. She's a spit fire who takes shit from no one. She seems like a really good friend to have. And I have a feeling that we are going to be pretty close.

I wish I were more like Reyna. I wish I wouldn't let Drew walk all over me. Although, I fight back sometimes. And I know- if I want Drew to leave me alone and if I want to stand up for myself, I'm the only thing in my own way. I used to be more of confident. I never used to take anyone's crap. But that was before my mother....

Anyways, Reyna was beautiful too. This may sound weird but I couldn't help but notice how pretty she is. Her long dark hair was always in a French braid that started at the top of her head and ended at the small of her back. Her dark piercing eyes were cold and startling when she was telling someone to move along or put a sock in it. But when she was listening, they were warm, caring, understanding. She was so focused on what I was saying when I told her one of my childhood stories. I could tell she was a good listener.

She is also fairly active. Last year, she was the captain of the volleyball team. She plays really well. I only know because Piper dragged me to a game once and that's just what I've heard. She looks so regal and powerful, like a queen. She can be so commanding. She's a natural born leader.

I really want to be her friend. I hope that she wants to be mine.

"Hey. I really enjoy your company." Reyna said.

"I enjoy your company too." I said with a smile.

"We should hang out soon." She suggested.

"Yeah. How about Thursday?"

"I have a volleyball meeting to decide on uniforms. Friday?"

"I have dance." I replied.

"You do dance?" She asked looking surprised.

"Yeah since I was 4. My favorite genre is hip hop." I explained.

"That's cool. I dance in my spare time too. Self taught, so probably not as good as you. We should choreograph something some time." She offered.

"Yeah that would be fun. So how about we hang out next week Monday?"

Reyna thought for a second. "Yeah. I don't have anything going on."

"Alright. Cool. Well, I gotta go but, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah see you tomorrow." Reyna smiled. And I smiled back.

I have a feeling this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

***

"Hey." I was standing at my locker putting away my AP calculus books when I was approached by a familiar set of grinning pearly whites. Percy.

"Hey." I said.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm just putting my books away and grabbing what I need for homework."

"Okay." He waited there, kind of awkwardly.

"Alrighty. I'm ready." I said after a few silent minutes.

"And we're off!" Percy said dramatically before running down the hall 'gracefully'.

He turned back to me.

"Very graceful." I said sarcastically. We both laughed.

He's so funny. And sweet. And fit. And ho— Annabeth. No. Stop. It.

Right. Just friends. Hanging out. Like normal friends do. Nothing more than friends. *sigh*.

We walked to his car in the parking lot. He opened the passenger side door for me.

"Why thank you good sir." I said regally, as I sat down and pulled in my legs.

"Why you are very welcome madam." He replied just as I did, while closing the door.

We both laughed. He got in the car and started the engine.

And so the short drive to Percy's began.

Author's note

Guys! We're close to 100 reads. I can't believe you guys actually read my trash writing. Thank you. Anyways. Percabeth is coming soon. Like it's about to hit HARD. Like you guys don't even know. I have so many ideas. Anyways. Hope you enjoyed. I'll probably do another update.

Also sorry for no update schedule. I just kinda do it whenever I have time. Sorry. But thanks for reading. Love you guys!