• 47 •

Annabeth's POV

It was finally Friday, so the gang all agreed that we should hang out and I offered my place. We were all sitting in a circle on the carpet of my bedroom floor.

"So. How did your date go?" Hazel asked Percy and I. "Everyone has been so busy with volleyball, and play and swim practice and everything else, that we barely have time to talk."

"Well, it was great. It's was so romantic. Percy really knows how to plan a date." I smirked at Percy.

The guys made kissy faces and Leo teased him. "Aw, big, tough Percy is a romantic." We all laughed.

Percy just blushed. "Shut up Valdez."

"Did you tell Percy?" Piper leaned over and whispered to me.

"Yeah." I whispered back. I knew that Piper was talking about the summer of eight grade. Other than Drew, Piper was the only one who knew about it.

"What's that about, huh? Telling secrets behind our back?" Reyna said with mock suspicion and jealousy.

I laughed. "Yeah. Sorry guys. Cool kids only." I shrugged. Everyone laughed. "No. It was actually about something that Drew said to me." Drew still hadn't struck. I guess she's giving me time to back down. Of course, I'm not going to. I'm not going to give Drew what she wants. She doesn't deserve it.

"What did she say?" Reyna looked angry. It seemed like she was ready to beat Drew up for me.

"Relax, Reyna." I laughed. "Well, don't freak out. But..." I took a deep breath "I tried to kill myself." I showed them my arms. Percy's arm on my waist wrapped around me a bit tighter. I knew that he didn't like it.

Everyone's faces fell. "Oh my gosh..." was the initial reaction. Everyone looked sad and sympathetic.

"But, that was a long time ago." I put my arms down. "I was feeling really insecure because of Drew. She would tell me that I was ugly and that I could never be normal because my mother had died. I felt really alone. And Piper was here for me through all of it. I called her after my dad found me and she came running." I laughed and Piper smiled. "She was with me every single day that summer supporting me through the therapy. " I grabbed Piper's hand. "And you shouldn't feel guilty because you've been the most amazing friend that I could ask for. And there is nothing more that you could do."

"I love you." We shared a tight embrace. "I love you too."

"Annie..." Leo began. "I had no idea."

"I know. There was no possible way for any of you to know, so don't feel bad. And I'm fine now. That was a very long time ago. I haven't thought about any of that since." I assured them.

"Good." Reyna said before everyone came to hug me.

"I love you guys." I laughed.

"We love you too." Calypso said.

We all sat back down, the circle being much closer now. "What did I do to deserve extremely amazing friends like you?"

"You deserve it more than anyone I know. You've been through a lot." Frank said. "You've been through more than I could ever withstand. I mean, I did lose my mom, but I was never teased about it."

"Well, people were too afraid to tease Jason or me." Thalia said. She and Jason had lived a rough childhood, their dad leaving when they were very young, and their mother being an alcoholic drug addict. Thalia had to raise Jason on her own. I give more respect than anyone for that. I had to take care of myself when I was little because my dad was always away, but it was only me. I couldn't imagine having another human being to take care of as well.