Chapter 1: Bitten

Emma's POV

"Emma, come inside!" Mum called

I was skipping along in the river and didnt answer my mother. I continued to skip along.

Suddenly I heard a low growl. I looked up into the eyes of a werewolf. "MUM!" I screamed unable to move

Mum came running to me, but she wasnt fast enough. The werewolf took me by the arm and bit my arm.

I screamed in agony as a burning pain began to make its way through my body. I turned to Mum who had her hand over her mouth, then back to the monster who turned me.

He looked ashamed, but then sniffed me and surprisingly acepted me into his pack. He gestured for us to leave which I did gladly.

*

"Ugh...what the bloody hell happen?" I awoke to find myself lying on the forest floor.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" A man exclaimed panicked.

I sat up quickly. "Ow!" I looked to find a man i never seen before causing me to gasp. "Who are you?!"

"My name is Remus Lupin, Miss can I see?.." He trailed off as I brandished my bite in his face.

"Oh no, no, no!" He screamed then burst into tears.

"What? What is it?" I asked confused.

"Little girl, I bit you. Im a werewolf and I bit..." Remus looked disgusted.

Then the truth sunk in. Ill be a werewolf forever! "I have a name, Emma Weasley, nice to meet you Remus. I know Im now a werewolf for life, but theres no use in moping about it."

"Emma Im so sorr-" Remus began.

"No need, now can you return me home please?" I asked shyly.

"Sure where do you live?"

"The Burrow just outside St. Ottery Cachpoole."

Remus sighed, "did anyone see me bite you?"

"My mother, but no one else. She will just be relived that Im alive." I answered.

"Yeah...relieved isnt the word Id use." Remus said hesitantly.

"What why?"

"How old are you, Emma?"

"Four."

"Ok Im goimg to erase your moms memory of seeing me bite you last night."

"No you wont Remus! My mother isnt a science experiment! She deserves to remember what happened to her daughter. Yes Ill be prejudged, but who isnt. Now please, take me home."

*

"Oh my god Emma! You're ok!" Mum screeched running up to hug me.

"Yeah I am Mum, Ive missed you." My eyes began to tear up. Quickly she brought me into the house, then suddenly her whole demeanor had changed. Her loving expression was filled with scorn.

"Mum whats goimg-" I asked.

"Silent!" She hissed. "I know you're a monster now. I already told your father and all your siblings that a vicious werewolf had killed you. Im moving you into the attic. Full moon nights, you will remain in the basement. You will call me Ma'am and you will keep house for me and get everyones handme downs. If you want to quit this arrangement anytime, by all means leave. But understand, once you leave, you will never be welcomed back into this house again."

Fearfully I nodded, I should have taken Remus up.on his offer. "Yes ma'am."

"Now get upstairs before anyone hears you, or you'll be sorry." The glint in Mums eye made me hightail it up the stairs imto the attic.

*

Third POV

"Mum, where is Emmas things?" Ron asked when he woke up.

Molly smiled sadly at her son. "Ron Im so sorry, but your twin was kilked last night by a werewolf. He couldnt let us have her body." She sobbed. "Please dont bring Emma up ever again. Its just a reminder of what we lost."

"Ok Mum, I wont." Rons blue eyes had tears in them. That day the Weasleys were mourning the death of young Emma. Arthur was inconsolable, he just had to be away at work that night.

Little did anyone know about the lights on in the attic and that someone was living up there.

*

Emmas POV

This is so sick! I watched in a furry as my family mourned my "death." They gathered around the the marsh were I was taken.

I wanted to scream in agony of how unfair it was, but Mum's threats made me hold my tongue.

Why hadnt I just listened to my mother last night?! I wouldnt be dead in my families eyes, Mum wouldnt have a servant and I could be with my twin.

I turned away from the window as tears came to my eyes. Scorned for being different. I should have stayed with Remus instead. At least he would have loved me.