Chapter 48: A Hot Summer

My summer this year in comparison to last has been very eventful. Last year, I couldnt celebrate my new husbands birthday because of the Cup. I arrived afterwards, but this year, I plan to go all out.

Sirius has been as good to me as Remus has been. Despite his prankster attitude he took up the role of fatherhood very well to my surprise.

"Happy birthday!" I sang to my husband. He shifted slightly then opened his eyes.

"Morning, Emma." He smiled kissing me.

I waved my wand to summon a neatly wrapped box. "For you."

Looking at me curiously, Harry untied the ribbon and opened the box. His eyes widened as he lifted a medallion out. A lighting bolt was engraved into it. "Very cool Emma."

"Theres more, its embedded with enchantments. One is portkey activation, another is disillument charm and the most powerful shield charm that exists." I grinned

"What about you?" Harry asked while he slung the medallion over his neck.

I pulled mine out. I had a wolf engraved in mine. "Remus helped me make them before I came here."

"Im so lucky to have you." Harry smiled kissing me.

"Wanna go flying today?"

"Sure, Sirius is throwing me a dinner tonight. The Weasleys are invited as is Remus. I never got to ask you, are you ok with your mum being here?"

"Why wouldnt I be?"

"Last time she talked to you, you vomited. I dont need my wife sick on my 15th." Harry replied.

"I will be fine. She brought me up...Emma and I wasnt expecting her to tell me why I was forced into servitude." I groaned

"I want to do what I can to help you."

"Thats sweet, but Harry my mum has been like a mother to you. As long as Emma isnt mentioned, Im good." I smiled then got up to get dressed.

We came out onto the Quidditch field, Harry soaring up high, while I maintained 6 feet above. "Tell me why you love Quidditch again?"

"Emma, Ive grown up as a Muggle and like you I was forced to be a slave. Flying makes me feel free, doesnt it for you?" Harry grinned.

"It does." I checked my watch to see we wasted most of the day in the clouds. "I need to get ready. See you tonight." I sent him a seductive smile that made my husband blush.

I came into the closet Sirius got ready for me. I slipped into an aqua dress that cut off below the knees. Then waving my wand, my hair became brown. Quickly moving my fingers, they did a single braid down my back.

I looked in the mirror, then frowned at my reflection. Who would have thought Id get used to the trademark Weasley hair? Shaking my head, I headed downstairs where my family could be heard.

"Emily there you are!" Fred and George chourased.

I smiled and came over to them. "Hi."

"How are you doing?" Fred asked

"Doing good. Wanna know something?" I smiled

"What?"

"I could see myself as a permenant redhead." I stated

Freds eyes widened. "Really?!"

I beamed in reply.

"Thats great to hear! Oh, we moved into our new place yesterday. Your welcome there anytime, you hear?" Fred stated casually.

"Thanks. You are one great...brother." I whispered.

"Break it up over here!" Ron snarled.

Dad sighed in annoyance

"Mr. Weasley, dont. Its my birthday and please, we can handle this." Harry stepped in. "Ron a private word, please."

Ron glared at Harry but went followed him all the same.

"Come on Emily, I'll need you too!"

I sent my family a grimace and then followed my husband and my twin.

"Harry.."

"No, Ron." Harry shook his head. "You are my best mate here, but when it comes to Emily, I need to step in. Emily is not yours, what she does should not concern you."

"Harrys right, Im not a person you can control. Your temper and jelousy is a real turn off. I know you still fancy me, but nothing can happen. I hate to do this. But until you can respect my wishes, I cant be near you." I said quickly.

"Youre not serious!" Ron gasped.

"I am. Harry, Im sorry. Please excuse me." I left the room and went to the bedroom Harry and I share. I know Harry will understand. Im just so lucky to be married to him.

"Ron for my birthday present, please leave Emily alone." I heard Harry say.

"She doesnt know what she wants!" I heard Ron protest.

"She does Ron. But you need to hear this, Emily and you will never happen."

*

Not long after Ron made a feeble excuse and flooed home, did Harry return to our room.

"Harry..."

Harry shook his head, "dont apologize for your twins behavior."

We were alone in our room together. Me, upset about my decision and Harry annoyed at my brother.

"We do need to talk about one thing, though." I stated.

"Yes?"

"School. We will be in seporate rooms. And the longest we can be away from each other is 5 hours. How will that work?" I shuddered.

"Dad has it worked out."

"Huh?"

"He told the staff about us and they are making an exception for us. They have to for Soulbonded people. Otherwise the school board looks down on them." Harry shrugged.

"We cant tell our friends or my family." I said quickly.

"No one but the staff. Dad told me in his day, my parents were soulbonded and...they had this private room that will be ours when we arrive." Harry smiled.

"Nice."

"Do you want to return downstairs?" Harry asked.

"Sure thing. Besides, Hermiones due here any minute." We came down to see Hermione tumble out of the fireplace.

"Hello Weasleys, Harry, Emily!" Hermione flung herself at us.

"Hi Hermione!"

"Did you hear what Rons patronus is?" Hermione whispered.

"I do, mine is the same. Jack russell terrier." I whispered.

"Hermione! Its so great to see you!" Mum pulled the brunette in for a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Weasley."
Hermione exclaimed.

Harrys party ended with a surprise owl for him and Hermione. The two tore open the envelopes to find gold Prefect badges.

"I knew you'd get it Harry!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks, I wow. Never expected it."