Chapter 32: Past Demons

"Emily, please drink this." Remus shoved the vial into my shaking hands.

I shook my head frantically and shoved it back to him. How could I swallow anything if I cant even breathe.

"This will help you calm down Emily." Remus pleaded.

A whole new wave of sobs came over me. Mum was right all along, Im not safe to be near anyone.

Suddenly I felt very tired. I just had to close my eyes. Mum wove in and out of my dreams. Screaming that I cant be near my family or anyone. The dead bodies of my family kept making appearances.

I screamed, and opened my eyes. "Where am I?" I panted.

"Hospital wing." A voice replied.

My head spun and my eyes landed on Remus. He was pale and survayed me with a worried expression. "Im sorry I had to spell you to sleep. You didnt give me a choice. Once you were asleep, could Madam Pomfrey spell the Calming Draught into your stomach."

"I am so sorry Remus!" I blushed.

"No, I am. I shouldnt have let you face your boggart for so long." Remus sighed heavily. "You wont have to do that again ok?"

"But if I dont face my fears, wont they always be there?" I asked in a small voice.

"Boggarts are great at making your deepest fear come true. There is nothing to be ashamed of. You are anything but weak." Remus said firmly putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, my eyes still on the hospital covers. How did Remus know what I was thinking? "Thanks Uncle Remus."

How are you feeling?" Madam Pomfrey came up to my bed.

"Better."

"You may go now, but I want you to take it easy. You hear me, Miss Lupin? I dont want you in here until after the full moon." Madam Pomfrey warned.

"Yes Ma'am." I grinned before leaping off the bed.

I left the hospital wing for the common room.

"Emily, where have you been?!" Ron demanded the minute I arrived.

"Merlin Ron, cant a girl leave the room without telling you where shes going?" Annoyance stabbed me hard.

"Emily, Im sorry."

I sighed, "thank you. Now, I must get some rest."

"Emily, are you ok?" Hermione asked the minute I entered the room.

"Yeah, I tried to face my boggart, but I couldnt do it." I sank onto my bed.

"It takes a lot of strength to face your fears." Hermione added

"I know that, but it doesnt make it less embarassing." I blushed.

*

The first match against Hufflepuff was fast approching. Harry and his team trained long and hard.

Finally, the day had arrived, but the weather could not be worse. Lightning and pouring rain. As much as I enjoy Quidditch, I stayed in the castle.

I was busy in the common room catching up on some of my classes when Hermione burst into the room, tears down her face. "What happened?

"Dementors, Harry fell over 30 feet!" Hermione sobbed.

At once I grabbed her hand and marched down to the Hospital wing. When I got there, the whole team of Geyffindor was there, acting as if Harry had died.

Worriedly, I noticed Sirius was absent too. Did he forget about Harry? No way, Sirius has been amazing. He must have been at the ministry. Suddenly, Harrys eyes snapped open startling everyone.

"You gave us a good scare, mate." Ron stated.

"You fell over 30 feet, everyone thought you had..." Hermione trailed off.

"Where's Sirius?"

"Raging at the ministry." A woman replied.

Harry turned his head and smiled, "hi, Amelia."

"I will notify him that you are awake. He was the one who cushioned your fall." Amelia waved her wand and a silver orb appeared.

"Ok, out! My patient needs rest!" Madam Pomfrey snapped.

Reluctantly, the Gryffindor team filed out. I sat closer to Harrys bed and took his hand.

"Im so glad your ok." I breathed in relief.

"Yeah." Harry replied. "Did anyone get my Nimbus?"

"Harry, when you fell, your broom flew off and it hit the Whomping Willow. You know it hates being hit and.." Ron revealed the broken pieces of Harrys broomstick.

"Thanks." Harry replied looking even more upset than before.

The ward doors opened as Sirius came in. His hair was curlier than I've ever seen and he was very pale. "Harry!" He sighed in relief.

"Sirius!" Harry beamed.

"I would have been here sooner, but I had an annoying old man to deal with."

"Which one?" Harry teased

"Fudge. Are you feeling ok?" Sirius asked at once taking Harrys hand.

"A little sore. My broom got destroyed in the storm." Harry replied.

"We'll just have to see aboout that." The man smirked. "Ron, Hermione, can I speak to Harry alone?"

I got up to leave, but for some reason, Sirius stopped me. "Emily, you can stay."

The two had left the ward promising to return later.

"Did it happen again, Harry?" Sirius asked. "Did you hear the screaming?"

"What screaming?" I demanded

"Yes. I know who it is now." Harry stared at his covers. "My mother begging Voldemort to spare me."

I gasped slightly while Sirius tightened his grip on Harry.

"Why dont I ask Remus if he can teach you how to fight them off? Id do it myself, but the Ministry will always be kissing someones arse." Sirius scowled

"Thanks Sirius."

*

"Why dont you join Harry in his Patronus lessons?" Remus asked

"No, I dont need him to see my greatest fear." I shuddered.

"Are you ever planing to tell Harry who you were?" Remus asked raising an eyebrow.

"When Im 17." I replied.

"I think you might be helpful to him." Remus commented.

"On the condition that I dont go near that foul creature." I stated.

Remus smiled slightly, "Done deal."

*

"The boggart will come out and you will say the spell." Remus stated after telling Harry how to repel dementors.

"Happy memory." Harry mumbled and screwed up his face. "Im ready."