Chapter 43: Spell Practice

Long chapter, hope you all enjoy

"I honestly didnt think you'd take that song seriously!" Ron exclaimed for the ulteenth time.

"Will you shut it, Ron?!" I growled when once again Harry tried to explain to him how spooky it was in the lake.

"But Emily-"

"No, Harry made a few mistakes. So please, stop pointing them out!" I snapped.

Harry shot me a grateful smile. "Thanks Emily."

"Why dont we practice some new spells? Who knows what the final task will be." I suggested

"Im in. Why dont we get started?" Harry beamed junping up.

"Ok, lets do an owl order of defense, transfiguration and defense books for 5th-7th years?" I asked.

"Ok!"

Once the orders were in, it took half a day. During that time, Harry and I locked ourselves in the library reading advanced spells.

Madam Pince had to shoo us away. Quickly, I wrote down spells and their incantations. "Come on." We checked out the books and returned to the common room. When we got there, our book orders arrived.

The next day between classes, I was reading the textbooks I ordered and was annotating them vigorously.

"Emily, are you trying to graduate early?" Ron sniggered.

I imitated Mums most intense death glare. "My life is at stake here, Ron! So no, extra studyong cant hurt."

"Emily, are you ready?" Harry asked coming up from dinner.

I nodded summoning my bag with my books and notes. "Lets go."

We arrived at the ROR and came in. "Ok. Ive read several helpful spells here. But I need to practice each one, on my own."

"Ok. Let me see your list." Harry held out his hand. I duplicated the list and then cast protective charms about 5 feet away from me. I thought of a dummy and one appeared.

I shot at it Jelly legs curse, which was sucessful on my first try! I moved onto the shield charm, which I found was very strong for my first time casting it.

"How are you doing Emily?" Harry asked 30 minutes later. I was amazed I had mastered half the spells on my list.

"Doing good, but these spells need a partner, a real one." I giggled.

"Ok, Im ready."

I aimed a stunning spell at Harry and he fell back unconscious. I ran up to him and tapped him gently.

"Nice one." He chuckled.

"Thanks. Now, you try me."

The days began to pass and I began to expand the number of mastered spells. I was wanting to prove my worth to my mother, someday. After mastering as many spells as I could, I moved to nonverbal casting. But I only did it when I was alone.

"Emily, do you mind telling me your fear?" Harry asked one spring day.

I shook my head. "Mum blaming me for the death of my family. "

Harry looked horrified.

"I know its awful. Can we get off of me, please?" I blushed.

"How many spells have you learned?" Harry asked.

I smiled, "Too many to count. But I did find this, its called a Compas spell. It uses your wand to tell you where north is."

"Nice."