Chapter 21: The Rumors

When I returned the next day, so many people were whispering. Even more than usual. So I sought out my brothers.

"Why are people whispering so much more?" I asked frantically.

"Its about your boyfriend. He was seen next to Filch's cat who was petrified. And writing in blood about the chamber of secrets, whatever that means." George replied

"Wait, someone opened it, how?" I asked quickly.

"Thats what the whole school is buzzing about. No one knows, I read in my textbook that its been 50 years sonce its been opened." Fred shrugged

"The two of you are so much smarter than people think." I beamed

"We keep it underwraps, dont want to compete with Hermione." George raised an eyebrow.

I giggled slightly. "Where has Ginny been? I know she loved cats."

"In her room sulking. Poor thing, she didnt know Mrs. Norris, yet loved that yellow eyed snitch." Fred shook his head.

I shrugged and went off to my class. When I next saw Ginny, I noticed she was writing in a black diary.

"Hi, what are you up to?"

The young girl jumped, but I put a hand on her arm to calm her. "Ginny, Im not going to tell anyone anything." I replied.

Ginny nodded as she handed the book over. On the page was a few lines in Ginnys writing. Then a few lines in a boys hand.

"Who is writing back to you?" I asked

Ginny looked at me confused, "I dont know Emily. But I dont care, Tom is swert and sympathetic."

"Why is that the nane of your diary?"

"Its not mine. I found it in my couldron after we had our trip to Florish and Blotts. So, I kept it."

"Do you think I could join you? Ive never had a journal that could answer me." I smiled

"Go grab a quill." Gimny laughed

Hello Tom,

I heard you are a sympathetic listener. Can you tell me the nagic you used to create this diary?

When i finished I watched as my words sank into the pages. A few lines appeared

Who is this? Did Ginny show you to me?

Yes, I need advice

Im at your service. Who are you?

Emily Lupin is my name. How can you be around people when you have a huge secret you are keeping?

Its not easy, but you keep it. I have secrets that I cant say.

"Can I have a turn?" Ginny cut in.

"Sure go ahead." I smiled and left my little sister alone.

I began to tackle my homework which was easy.

The next day in McGonagalls class, Hermione asked about the Chamber.

"You know about the 4 founders. Three existed harmoniously, one did not." McGonagall began.

"Three guesses who." Ron whispered to Harry.

"Slytherin wanted to be more selective about who to teach. Believing magic should only be taught to magical families."