Chapter 25: The Theft

When I came with Harry up to his dorm, a disasterous sight greeted us. Harrys room torn apart.

"Did they take anything?" I whispered.

"Yes, Toms diary is gone." Harry sighed in defeat.

"I think its for the best." I replied as I began to look for Ginny.

"No Emma, it isnt! Tom is the only clue I have to stop this Chamber disaster! For the sake of Merlin, Hermiones not here because of it!" Harry exploded

"You're mad at me?! I was the only one who was there for Hermione last year! I care for her as much as you do." I panted

"I never said you didnt." Harry mumbled

"Maybe not, but your actions did. I need time to cool off." I patted his shoulder and walked off.

For the rest of the day everyone was quiet. When I found Ginny, she avoided my eyes.

"Ginny? Please talk to me." I said when I found her in Myrtles bathroom.

"Emily, all of this is my fault! Ive been setting the monster on the students. I know that now. I took the diary back so it cant use Harry like it has me." Ginny grimaced.

"Ginny, please no! There has to be a way out of this!" I said deperately.

"Its nice of you to be worried about me Emily, but its too late. I have to face the consequenses." Ginny squared her shoulders.

"What does that mean?" I asked at once.

"Dont worry about me, I promise to make this right." Ginny answered.

Then before my eyes, Ginnys expression turned blank, and she disappeared into the sinks.

"Ginny? Ginny?! Ginny!" I yelled frantically.

I scrambled to try and follow her, but I couldnt. My baby sister was lost to me and I had let it happen. If only Harry hadnt picked up that cursed diary.

When I rounded the corner of the first attack, I saw another message. Again it was written in blood: HER SKELETON WILL LIE IN THE CHAMBER FOREVER.

"Oh Ginny, sweet perfect Ginny!" I moaned. I quickly composed myself and went to my next class and kept my head down. No one talked to me and for that, I was grateful. I knew with one word, my wolf side would be revealed.

My best friend was frozen, my little sister was lost, my brother is icing me out and Harry refuses to meet my eye.

There had to be a way to fix all of it. I had to. My family already lost one daughter, they didnt need another.

Maybe if I could somehow take Ginnys place, it would make up for lying to my family. No, there had to be a way.

"Emily!" Fred, George, Harry and Ron almost bowled me over.

I sighed glancing at my older brothers. "What?" I almost growled.

"Where is Ginny?" Fred asked

My eyes turned sad, there was no way I could tell them, and it made me all the more sad. "I dont know. Im sorry everyone." I ran like Merlin himself was going to curse me. I went to Ginnys room to find Toms diary.

Tom, please I need to save Ginny. Is there a way to take her place?

Emily, you could if you would submit entirely to me. You havent been truthful. You want to save Ginny because she is your sister. You are the eldest female Weasley that is forced to stay hidden.

I..no that is not true.

By continuing to lie to me, you are only putting Ginny deeper in the hole. You need to tell me the truth.

Hell no. Ginny is not my sister. You are the one with the twisted mind. I want your word you will spare Ginny if I tell you everything. I wrote

I promise, now tell me your secret Emily Lupin.

Tears came to my eyes and my quill shook. I am Emma Lupin twin sister to Ron Weasley and eldest sister to Ginny Weasley. I will do whatever you want. Ginny is only a child, an innocent 11 year old. Please I will do anything to secure her safety. I wrote quickly.

Its not Ginny I want. Its your boyfriend Harry Potter. Bring him to me, and I can spare your Blood Traitor of a sister to you. Riddle answered.

I groaned, pick the family who cast me out for the one person who loves me for me. That was easy. Ok Ill bring Harry to you. However, I need to get into the chamber to meet you.

Go find him, the Chamber will be open to you. If not Harry can easily open it for you. Riddle answered.

I paused and looked above me, oh Remus, forgive me.

Fine give me some time please.

Come to the chamber by midnight or your sisters dead.

Deal

I closed the diary and held it close. I knew without a doubt I had to save my sister, but a small voice asked me why. With Ginny out of the way, my family could welcome me back like nothing happened. Sure they'd mourn the girl, but they would be so grateful to see me again.

I came back out to find Harry and my twin, the two were frozen in front of the latest meassage Ginny left behind.

"What are we going to do?"

"We find your sister Ron, what else do you expect?" I asked

"This cant mean Ginny, can it?" Ron asked faintly.

I shrugged just as a band of teachers arrived.

"What has happened Minerva?" Sprout asked

"The monster has taken a student into the Chamber itself! Thats it, the students will need to be sent home, and the school closed." McGonagalls voice shook.

"Which student did it take?"

"Ginny Weasley."

At the Ron was ready to burst forward and tell her she was wrong, but my twin remained still as a statue. I knew I had to speak up. It was now or never if we were to save our sister