Chapter 73: Saving Two Lives

Classes continued on, but my mind was always elsewhere. I keep the information about Snape, Draco and Dumbledore in a part of my mind Harry will never go to.

Despite being aloof in my classes, I was still beating out Hermione. Three weeks had passed, when I wasbt helping Draco, I was with Hermione or Harry.

To my dissapointment, Ginny and Ron still glared at me and I could care less. At least Mum had finally apologized to me and thats all that really matters.

I would get the occasional letter from the twins or Bill. Hed send me letters about Curse breaking in Egypt.

The full moons were still hell as usual, but Im happy that soon summer will be coming. I hope my plan to save Dumbledore will work, as long as no one goes to Grimmauld Place.

It was an early May morning when I got a red tail feather. It was from Fawkes and that meant Dumbledore. I saw to my amazement a short note to me.

Emma,
   I found an item, as promised I ill be bringing Harry with me. When we return, it will be time to launch yours and Severus' plan. I know Draco is ready, and use your past self if needed. Stay safe. I will see you when we make the switch. Good luck,
  A.D

"What is that?" Hermione asked.

Instantly, I had the feather catch fire so Hermione couldnt see a thing. "Nothing Hermione." I said quickly.

Hermione sent me a suspicious expression. Harry had asked if we could tell Hermione about our lessons, to which Dumbledore said yes. "Elwhy did you burn it?"

"My brothers. They programed it like a Howler so it would blow up. Look, the mails here!" I looked up and was happy to recieve a package from the WWW in disguise. Inside are 3 smoke bombs and the reversal to the Peruvian darkness powder.

"Emily, are you pranking someone?" Hermione asked.

"Not at all. This may save us one day. You can never be overprepared." I stated at once.

I was beyond nervous for tonight. I only hoped everything would go according to the plan.

As usual, I was barely listening during my lessons, I think Harrys growing suspicious. It wasnt till I met up with Draco that he said what was going to happen.

"Lupin, tonight is it! I hear Dumbledore is planning to leave the school. This is my-our chance." Draco said quickly.

"Yes it is. Tell your Death Eaterrs that Hogwarts is open to them." I replied before searching the minds for Harry and Dumbledore.

Emma, we're going for a Horcrux, stay safe. Harry told me.

I sighed, "its time to let them in."

Draco opened the cabinet door and out stepped Mrs. Malfoy. "Draco, what is Potter doibg here?"

"She helped me, Mother. Shes on my side. I owe her everything." Draco replied.

"Thank you for helping my son." Mrs. Malfoy stated.

"I always want to help people." I replied as a tall witch with uncontrolable black curls stepped out.

"My sister, Bellatrix. This is our friend, Finrir Greyback." Malfoys mother announced.

The trail of Death Eaters continued on, until there were 20 in the ROR.

"Remember, we are here to cause havoc. Now go!" Draco yelled.

As soon as the Death Eaters left the room, I ran to the Gryffindor Common Room. I had to find Hermione.

"Hermione?"

The brunette raised her head. "Emily, what is ot?"

I schooled my face into one of terror, "Death Eaters, they've entered the school!"

Hermiones jaw dropped, "How do you know?"

"I just saw them!" I panted.

"We have to protect the school! We have to warn the teachers!" Hermione grabbed her wand and stood up.

"I agree." I waved my wand as Emma came forth.

Hermione sent me a weird expression. "Why are you Emma?"

I sighed, "I have my reasons, now come on, lets go."

"We need help, Emma. Two witches wont be enough." Hermione whimpered.

"Ill rally the troops, here take this." I handed her a small candle.

"How?"

"I have my ways." I smirked before sending a message to Ron, Ginny and Luna. Hogwarts is in danger. I need your help!

After I got the mental confirmation from everyone, I turned to Hermione. "We are to meet our friends in the Charms classroom."

*

"Are you ready?" I asked my small group. Ron and Ginny were surprised to see Emma, as was Luna. But I couldnt explain why without appearing to be a traitor.

We set off, firing spells at the Death Eaters.

The teachers came and heard the commotion. I sighed summoning the bottle of liquid luck.

"Take a tiny sip, Ron and Ginny, you too." I tossed them the bottle.

The fight seemed to go on for hours. Then suddenly, I saw the Death Eaters marks burn.

I disillusioned myself, and summoned the Dumbledore look alike mamiquin, which I also disillusioned.

"Hes coming on the Astronomy Tower!"

I left the battle, and went up to the tower where I found Dumbledore defenseless.

Sir, Im here. Wheres Harry?

Under his cloak. We have to be smart Mrs. Potter. The old man sent me.

Do you have a back up wand?

Yes.

Dumbledore then began to try and bargin with Draco that he isnt a killer. The two had a lengthy conversation that ended with Snape appearing.

"Severus please." Dumbledore stated.

As soon as Snape raised his wand, I threw the smoke bomb. Then I switched Dumbledore with the  maniquin. I handed the man a flask of potion. "Drink now!"

"Avada Kadavra!" Snape sneered shooting the spell at the look alike "Dumbledore". The maniquin fell off the balcony and Snape turned to Draco. "Get moving, now!"

Meanwhile, I was face to face with an Emma Weasley look alike. "I have to disilluminate you."

Dumbledore as Emma nodded, "I can make myself a portkey to Grimmauld Place.  Thanks for your help."

"My pleasure. Ill keep Fawkes with me." I stated before undoing the disillument spell. I waited till Emma Weasley spun out of sight.

I undid the disillument spell on mysrlf and ran after my husband.