Chapter 74: The Hunt Begins

Harry where are you? I asked at once.

Emma, Im outside. I cant believe Dumbledore is dead. That murderous coward! Harry growled.

I released a sigh, desperate times. I jumped off the Astronomy Tower. "Arresto Momentum!" I screamed as I approched the ground. I stopped inches from crushing my bones then floated safely down.

I inspected Dumbledores "corpse" and cast extra spells on the maniquin to cover up any inconsistancies.

I looked up to find Harry trying to curse Snape. Quickly I tapped into my werewolf speed and tackled Harry from his side.

"Dont Harry! He could kill you!" I shouted glaring at Snape.

Nice job Potter. Snape sent to me. The dark man then continued to run to the edge of the wards.

Harry tried to curse him again. "Harry no! You shouldnt provoke a man who just commited murder! " I made him lower his wand.

"Where were you Emily?" Harry demanded.

"Protecting the students from the Death Eater invasion, of course." I rolled my eyes.

"So its true? I was right! Malfoy was behind everything!" Harry released a grunt of annoyance.

"We had better get back to the castle." I stated helping my husband up.

"I agree." As we were walking back, I saw a small crowd come near Dumblesdores "corpse."

"What are you doing Harry?" I asked

Harry didnt respond as he walked to the crumpled body. I watched in silence as he closed the maniquins eyes.

"Come on Harry, lets go."

I turned to find Hermione next to us. "Where did you come from?"

"I heard the commotion. McGonagall wants us all in the hospital wing. Um...Emily, Bill he got attacked by Greyback and.." I ran off not caring to hear the rest of Hermiones words.

I shut away the knowledge that Dumbledore is alive in a deep part of my mind where no one, not even Harry could get to.

When I came in, I saw Mum, Dad, Remus, Sirius, McGonagall and my siblings there.

"About time you showed up!" Ron spat.

"Where were you when Bill was attacked?!" Ginny screamed.

I raised an eyebrow. "I was taking down nameless Death Eaters thats what. Im sorry for what happened to Bill. Will he be..." I glanced at Remus who spoke up.

"He wont be a true werewolf, but he will have wolfish traits from now on." Remus replied.

I turned to my eldest brother who now had 2 long scratches running diagonally across his face.

Suddenly the door opened, and in ran Fleur. "Where is 'e?" She gasped at seeing her fianceé all scratched up.

Mum began to cry. "Bill was going to be married!"

"Waz? You thenk 'e wont like me after this? I love 'im no matter what!" Fleur snapped.

"See, Fleur still wants to marry Bill." Sirius whispered.

Harry came in looking beyond shocked. Oh, no.

"Potter, what happened?"

I braced myself,

"Snape killed Dumbledore." Harry stated.

"No!" Remus cried out.

"Snape killed him?" Mum and Dad asked in shock.

I took a deep breath. I knew it would be hard, but I had to remain impassive like Snape would.

"Potters may I speak with you?" McGonagall asked when Madam Pomfrey was about to shoo us out.

Harry and I shrugged following her up to the Heads office. Once in there, I noticed Dumbledore sleeping peacefully.

"Harry, I need to know where you went." McGonagall stated.

"I cant tell you." Harry answered.

"It may be important."

"It is, but Dumbledore didnt want me to tell anyone. If you will please excuse me." Harry left the room.

"Mrs. Potter, do you know anything?" McGonagall turned to me.

"Sorry. I dont." As I was going to leave, Fawkes surprised me by coming to land on my shoulder.

"Fawkes?" McGonagall gasped. "He chose you to be your new owner."

I smiled slightly, "I see. Excuse me Professor." I left for my room with Harry, but he wasnt there. I summoned the map and located my husband with Hermione in the Astronomy Tower.

I left at once to find the pair. "Hey."

Harry and Hermione looked up when I entered. "Hey."

"So, did you get it?" I asked eagerly.

Harry shook his head. "Its a fake. This bloke named RAB switched out the real locket with a duplicate."

"Any idea who RAB is?"

Harry shook his head. "Im not coming back in the fall."

"I thought you'd say that." Hermione replied.

"You know whereever you go, I will too. We're in this together Harry." I stated firmly.

"As am I." Hermione stated.

"Ok. I will finish what Dumbledore started." Harry replied.

"But you'smd better stay at Black Manor until you turn 17." Hermione stated.

Harry was about to protest when I cut in. "Good idea Hermione. What about you and your family? Surely Sirius would be ok with them staying." I suggested.

"I'll ask." Hermione smiled shyly.

*

After some debate, it was decided that Dumbledore's funeral was to happen before everyone was sent home.

To my relief, Hermione and her family are going to be staying at Black Manor with Harry, Sirius and me.

I felt so conflicted about the funeral, but I didnt flinch. Dumbledore's "corpse" looked so like him it was impossible to see that it isnt him.

After it was over, Fawkes came to settle on my shoulder as I made my way onto the train.

Thankfully no one asked why I had Dumbledores pet phineox. We rode back to London in silence, all of us in shock. But in my case, worry.

When we arrived at Kings Cross, I sent Fawkes off with a question of advice to Dumbledore. I have no idea how to answer the question why I have Dumbledores pet.

We walked to the floo and arrived in Black Manor.

"Ok you kids, go have fun!" Sirius exclaimed.

Harry and Hermione took off, while I went to the library. It wasnt 5 minutes later, that Fawkes had returned with my reply.

Emily,
   You can. You three will need all the help you can get. Winning a war takes teamwork.
    AD

I smiled to myself. It would not be a good idea to kerp this task secret from our parents. Except maybe Hermione's. Now how to bring it up without causing too much suspicion.