Chapter 82: The Sword

"Where have you been?" Harry asked the moment I returned.

"I told you I'd be back soon." I bristled.

"Why were you at Hogwarts?" Hermione demanded.

"And with Snape?" Harry asked.

"I dont like your tone, Potter." I replied in a cold voice.

"Then please, enlighten us. We deserve an answer." Harry crossed his arms.

Suddenly, a bright silver orb came into the house. "G is missing. You need to find her!" A deep voice replied at once.

I released a sigh and waved my wand, "my loyalties are being questioned, find the room of hidden objects and you should find her." Then I turned to Harry and Hermione. "I cant give you all the answers right now. I know this is infuriating. But, lives are at stake. I need you to trust me that I am doing all I can to keep everyone safe."

Harry huffed, "what are you up to?"

I shook my head, "If I told you, it wouldnt be a surprise, now would it?"

"Emma..."

"Look, I am the same girl who was once a Weasley here. I've learned a few tricks from my older brothers. I can handle this, so please dont worry." I flashed the pair a quick smile.

"Im trying hard not to." Harry huffed.

"You need to trust me, I can handle this." I whistled and Fawkes appeared on my shoulder. This made my friends gasp. I scribbled a note and then mumbled, "go to Grimmaulf Place."

"Whos there?" Harry asked when Fawkes disappeared.

"What are you talking about?"

"At Grimmauld Place. Who is there?" Hermione asked.

"A helpful ally is all you need to know." I replied. Fawkes returned with two letters. Thank you. I smiled.

"Come on, lets continue with our research. What can we use to destroy the Horcruxes?" Harry asked.

I walked off, summoning the Mauraders Map. I activated it and sure enough I cant find Ginny or Ron anywhere. They have to be in the ROR.

I cant tell Snape. If I do, they might end up worse then dead. And I cant go to them. My friends suspect im betraying them.

I closed my eyes and searched for the connection I have with Ron. Ron...Ron! Ron!

Emma? Is that you? Ron sounded irritated not that I blame him.

Ron get Ginny, you need to run home. Hogwarts isnt safe anymore. I warned him

How the bloody hell would you know?! Your not even here!

I know you and Ginny are in the ROR, so dont test me. I snapped. If you dont leave, Ill come there and send you home myself. Mum and Dad would never forgive me if they lost two of their children.

Im not moving! Why should we ever listen to you again?! Ron snarled at me.

I groaned clutching my head. "Emma, are you ok?" Hermione asked.

"Yea, Im fine." Then an idea came to me. "Ill be right back." I left through the closest fireplace.

I appeared at the Ministry. I disilluminated myself and set out to find Dad.

"Arthur, there you are!"

I stopped in my tracks and saw Dad looking very weary. I walked up to him and nudged him.

"Whoa! Whos there?"

I moved him to a private area. "Mr. Weasley, your children at Hogwarts are in danger. Get them out of there, now!"

"Who are you?" Dad asked.

"Someone who wants your family to survive this war." I replied then disapperated to Potter Manor.

"Emma, look what we found!" Hermione exclaimed pulling out a long thin rectangular box.

"What is that?" I asked.

Hermione lifted the lid to reveal a silver sword with a gold hilt and rubbies.

"Is that..."

"Yes, the Sword of Godric Gryffindor!" Harry exclaimed hugging me tightly.

"Who sent it?"

"Dunno, they left this." Harry handed me a card with a doe on it.

I gasped and summoned my patronus and sent it off.

"Where is that off to?" Hermione asked.

"To thank somone." I replied. Now I had to think of a way to get Ron and Ginny out of Hogwarts. There has to be a way to get them out without causing suspicion. I cant just take them out, or curse them. I refuse to hurt them to spare them more pain.

Waving my wand, I summoned a book on Hogwarts and looked up how to withdrawl a student.

"This is useless!" I exclaimed an hour later after pouring over countless of ways.

"What are you screaming about?" Hermione asked coming into the room.

"Ron and Ginny. Remus told me they're hidijg in the ROR. Its only a matter of time before Snape finds them. And when he does it wont be pretty." I shuddered.

"What are you looking up?"

"How to get my siblings out of Hogwarts in one piece. They wont last till the holidays." I sighed.

"What are you suggesting?"

"I dont know. I wanted to do this on my own here." I groaned.

"What is Snape doing to the students?" Hermione asked.

I shook my head, "its whats happening under his watch thats despicable."

Hermione scowled. "We have to do something!"

"Thats just it, theres nothing we can do!" I growled.

"There has to be something!"

"Hermione, if I pull Ron and Ginny out now, they could end up worse than dead. I already caused them enough pain. Lets destroy the current Horcruxes."  I replied dissmissively.

Hermione sighed as we came to the den. She came into the room while I brought the diadem to place next to the locket and cup.

"Who should destroy them?" Harry asked.

"I'll do the diadem, Hermione the cup and Harry the locket." I answered.

"Ok that solves it, who first?" Hermione asked eying the sword wearily.

"You." I replied.

Hermione huffed summoning the sword into her hand. She raised the sword and sliced the cup into two.

The cup released an unearthly scream, but then was dead.

Harry groaned slightly.

"Are you ok?"

Harry looked up at us with a troubled expression. "Im fine."