Chapter 26: Chamber of Secrets

"Harry, Ron, I know where Ginny is." I whispered after McGonagalls short speech.

"You do, where?!" Ron jumped up.

"I need you to follow me, and not let anyone see us." I replied.

Harry ran up to his dormitory and waved hia cloak. "Get under it, if we are going to find that basilisk, lets do it. Hermione would want us to."

I grinned silently as I lead them to Myrtles bathroom. "You can put your cloak away now. We dont need it."

I walked to the tap with the snake etched into the faucet.

"That tap has never worked." A light voice stated.

"I know Myrtle, because its hiding a secret." I replied grimly.

"What secret?" The ghost giggled.

"Mrytle, I know you never leave your bathroom, but if we dont return in one hour, please go get a teacher. Or else we may end up like you." I whispered.

"You are the only student I like, Emily." Myrtle replied.

I turned and began to hiss at the sinks.
Suddenly, the sink sunk down as a pipe was revealed.

"Emily, when can you speak Parceltongue?" Harry asked

I shrugged as I slid down the pipe. When we landed, I saw the way we needed to go. I was here in my dreams.

"Its this way."

"What is Emily?" Ron whimpered.

I didnt answer as I hissed for tne entrance to let us in.

When we got in, Ron and Harry ran to Ginnys unmoving frame, as I stayed away. I couldnt look at my sister, knowing I had done it to her. She was a coward, but was in too deep, as was I.

"Ginny!" Harry yelled.

"Please wake up!" Ron whimpered.

"She wont wake." A boy stated.

Both boys turned to find an older dark haired boy walking towards us.

"Tom Riddle?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"She's not?..." Ron trailed off.

"Shes alive but only just." Tom replied

"How did Ginny get like this?" Ron asked.

"She poured her soul out to a person she could not see. The diary, my diary. Little Ginnys been writing in it all year. She opened the Chamber, set the monster on the Squibs cat and 4 Mudbloods. Eventually I began to feed her my soul. You will come to see, that Im very ...lethal. You could say she had no idea what she was doing, she was in a trance of some sort. She had a friend help her all along, a more powerful person." Tom gestured to me.

The boys looked at me shocked. "Emily?!"

"Nevermind go on Tom." I said dissmissively.

"When the power of the diary began to scare her, she tried to dispose of it. Thats when you came along. The very person I was most anxious to meet." Tom looked facinated at Harry.

"Why did you want to meet me?" Harry growled out.

"I was facinated with your story, so I knew I had to meet with you. I had to ask how you survived as a mere baby while Lord Voldemort was ripped apart?" Tom glared

"Voldemort was after your time." Harry panted

"Voldemort is my past, present and future." Tom took out Rons battered up wand and began to write.