Chapter 14: The Desire Mirror

"So, answer my question! The suspense is killing me!" I growled.

"Yes Charlie is a dragon tamer in Romania. He loves the outside." George replied.

"Bill on the other hand, hes a Curse Breaker for Gringotts." Fred added.

"Merlin a Curse-Breaker! Wow where is he now?" I asked eager to know more.

"Hes in umm...Egypt. Very interesting place over there." George replied.

"Ill bet. Look, Id like to spend more time with you, but based on Rons jealous look, he probably thinks I'm snogging the both of you. He apparently has a crush on me." I shuddered at the thought.

I looked up and the twins shuddered turning an intereting shade of green.

"Are you ever going to tell him the truth?" Fred asked.

"I doubt it." I replied. "From watching him from afar, he is lousy at keeping secrets."

"If you are sure." George grinned wickedly.

"What ideas do the two of you have?" I could tell tell my brothers were thinking of something.

"We'll tell you another time Emma, like you said our brother Ron is the jealous type." Fred revealed a sly smirk.

I gave both my brothers a kiss on their cheek. "Bye boys." I waved mockingly.

*

I returned to the Gryffindor tower so I could pack up. Remus said he was allowing me to leave 2 days earlier, not that I minded. Besides we had legal matters to tackle.

I was almost done when the door opened to Parvati and Lavender. The two biggest gossips  in my dormitory.

"Are you going somewhere?" Lavender asked

"Why are you packing early?" Parvati questioned.

I took a deep breath and debated ignoring them. The last thing I needed was them blabbing my secret around the school. "Never hurts preparing to leave now does it?"

This threw both girls off.  I needed time to think on my own, so I left to go anywhere as long as Im alone.

Wow already Bill and Charlie are out of the country! I wanted so badly to owl them the truth, but I knew they would come back home and blow Mum to smitherins. No, I did not wamt that. Whatever Mums reasons were, she did love me once upon a time.

I sighed heavily then looked up sharply. I found myself in an unknown corridor. A slightly opened door was not far.

I thought why not sit down and relax? I came in disappointed to find the classroom empty except for a single tall mirror. Walking closer, I saw words written in a language Ive never seen.

"What is this? Erised? Hmmm..." I pondered walking closer to the mirror.

"Emily?" A voice said from behind. My insides became lead. I turned to see Harry behind me.

"What are you doing here?!" I hissed annoyed.

"Following you. When you left the Tower, you seemed distracted." Harry replied.

I turned my head away. "It was nice of you to check on me. But Im fine."

"You're lying."

"Excuse me?" I scoffed

"I would mess with my hair when Im lying." Harry replied.

I scoffed and turned towards the mirror again. I saw 9 obsure redheads in the mirror. "Dont know what you're talking about."

"Emily its obvious somethings on your mind..." Harrys voice faded as I came closer to the mirror. The nine redheads were becoming clearer. "Emily?"

I didnt answer as I saw the faces morph into my families. I stood next to Ron like it should have been, the older twins and the rest of my siblings. Behind us all, Mum smiling with her sweet nature she showed everyone else. Next to her Dad stood waving at me grinning. Tears came to my eyes before I could stop them. I know this mirror cant show the truth.

"Emily are you ok?" I turned to find Harry next to me. "Im fine Harry. This mirror shows a person their deep desire. Why dont you look into it?"

Harry shook his head. "No thank you. I already know my desire. And if I looked at it, I know Id never leave. Come on Emily, we had best get out of here."

I was aware of his hand on my shoulder. "You go ahead Harry, Ill see you later."

Harry sighed while I returned to my smiling family. Oh how I wish Dad could know I've always been around! I gazed a bit longer at Bill and Charlies faces a bit longer. Percy looked a lot happier than what Ive  seen of him. A loud bang outside brought me to my senses. I saw it was getting time for dinner. I took a deep breath. "Mum will never change." I left room with mixed feelings. I felt happy to see my dream come true, yet sad because it couldnt come true in reality. I went up to the Tower to grab my trunk and went to meet Remus.

"Emily? Where are you going?" Ron asked from behind.

"My uncle demanded I come home early. Are you going home?" I asked.

Ron shook his head. "Mum and Dad are visiting Charlie in Romania. So Im going to stay with Harry this year."

"Oh, I will probably see you then at some point." I grinned making my twin blush. I wish I could be with him as the true me, but I knew I was only dreaming.

I was about to leave when Hermione stopped me. "I want to talk to you Emily."

Oh no, this is not good. I put an innocent look on my face. "Let's talk upstairs, please?"

Hermione looked relieved as we entered our now deserted dormitory. "I know whom you really are Emily Lupin."

Quickly I waved my wand as the door shut with the lock engaging. Hermione looked at me, surprised I could do nonverbal magic at 11. "Who am I Hermione, tell me?"

"You are Emma Weasley, Ron's twin sister. And no, I'm not going to tell anyone." Hermione said quickly. "Yet. I want to know why you've been hiding away all these years."

I sighed deeply. "You have to swear not to tell anyone the truth. Not my twin, Harry, no one."

Hermione nodded quickly. I sighed pulling Hermione to McGonagall's office. "Professor, I need to tamale to you, urgently!" I growled.

I knew my safety weighed in the balance, and my wolf side hated feeling unprotected.

McGonagall opened the door with a surprised expression on her face. "Miss Lupin, shouldn't you be on your way home now?"

"Professor, a little slow up. Hermione here knows who I am, or uh.. used to be."

"Ah, I understand. Go fetch your trunk, Miss Lupin. Miss Granger please come in, we have a great deal to discuss about Miss Lupins circumstances." McGonagall ushered Hermione in, then tapped her watch two times in quick succession.

I raied my wand and made my trunk fly to me. Afterwards, I turned to the Main Staircase to meet my uncle.