Chapter 46: Adulthood

"You are going to let them sleep together?!" I heard Mum screech.

"Molly, Harry and Emily are not under your care, nor your concern. We are their guardians. So sod off." Sirius said firmly.

That left Mum sputtering in shock. Sirius came out and shot us a smile. "Remus told me you needed a break from all the red heads. Not that I blame you."

"What?!" Molly screamed.

We ran back into the room.

"You heard us Mum, we're moving out. We have a flat and shopnat number 93 Diagon Ally." Fred smiled sending us a secret wink.

"Molly, there is nothing we can do. They are of age. But, how did you get the money?" Dad asked

"Dad, no worries, we had a few silent but very generous investors." George smirked.

"When are you leaving?" Mum spat.

"We are not apologizing Mum, especially since Percy left and...other factors. We believe its our time to leave. Now, you only have Ron and Ginny to support. If we waited until you were ready, we'd never leave." Fred shook his head.

"We love you both, but its time. We will be gone by next week." George stated.

"I guess Im outnumbered." Molly sighed turning on her heel.

I hugged my brothers. "Glad my money is going towards something good." I winked.

"All thanks to you both." George replied once Mum and Dad were gone.

"Excuse me." I walked in to find Mum in the kitchen alone trying to hide her tears. "Mrs. Weasley, are you ok?"

Mum turned to me, "Oh Emily dear, I didnt see you."

"Why are you bothered by the twins leaving?" I asked.

"Reminds me how I chased my daughter away." Mum whispered.

"You did what?" I asked shocked. Mum was talking about me or Emma Weasley.

"My first daughter, Emma." Mum replied shakily.

"What happened to her?" I asked. I never would have expected Mum to tell me why she turned me into a servant.

"I treated her so badly after the accident. You see, she was bitten by a werewolf. Any child under 6 have a very high chance of dying. I became mean because I didnt expect her to survive. But then, 6 months passed, and Emma showed promise of becoming stronger." Mum sighed

"And?" I prompted.

"I did a few things Im very ashamed of. I lied to my family about her. Kept Emma chained in the attic or cellar. I told the family she died and forbade anyone to even mention her." Mums tears only flowed more.

I stood torn. I didnt want to sympathize with her. And yet I did. "Do you know where she is?"

Mum shook her head. "Disapeared from sight."

"What would you say if she was here?"

"Emma, Mum is so sorry for all I did! I did it because my older brothers were killed by a werewolf, Greyback and I was scratched badly." Mum explained.

"I see, excuse me." I left the room quickly. Bile began to rise in my throat. Guiltily, I vomited in the hall. I groaned, "did not see that coming."

"Emily!" Harry called from above. I lifted my head and heard several pairs of footsteps running towards me.

I swayed slightly. "Whoa! Im ok." I groaned again.

Sirius waved his wand vanishing my release. "No harm done, Emily."

I blushed deep red. "Im so sorry."

"No worries."

"Come on Emily. I'll take you upstairs." Harry kept a firm grip on me and lead me upstairs.

Harry waited until I was sitting down to ask what happened. "Mum happened, again! When Im in a good place, she has to go muck things up."

"What in Merlin did she say to you?" Harry asked looking furious.

"I finally have an explaination for why she treated me terribly those 3 years before I owled Remus. But I need to verify it first." I shook my head.

"Who can you ask? Its not like Mrs. Weasley told her secrets to her husband...what are you thinking?" Harry cocked his head.

"Nothing."

*

Later that night, Harry and I left with Sirius to Black Manor. Amazingly, Sirius allowed me and Harry to share a room.

"Since you two are soulbonded, there isnt much I cant tell you to do. In the eyes of magical law, both of you have been offically emancipated and the Trace is taken off. I wouldnt go bragging about that, mind you." Sirius explained over dinner.

"Where does it say that, Dad?" Harry asked.

"Under the emancipation laws. But you and Emily are still under Remus and my care. Until you decide to move out of course. Harry, I owe you a tour of Potter Manor someday." Sirius smiled

"We are not moving out any time soon." Harry blushed slightly.

"I know, but this summer would be a good time to see the house you might have grown up in." Sirius explained.

"What about that cottage in Godrics Hollow?"

"That was your parents summer home. The Manor is on a hill about ten minutes from the small town." Sirius commented.

"Interesting. Does the Ministry know how we are emancipated?" I asked.

Sirius shook his head. "Only that you two are. If you use magic, the Ministry wont know. You're both adults now."

Harry, Im thinking of telling Sirius about me. I glanced at the man.

Harry nodded.

"Sirius, when we first met, I know you were suspicious of me." I began.

"True, but you've been a good influence on my son so I cant complain." Sirius put in.

"Ive been lying to everyone about who I am. Remus didnt want you to know, but like you said Im an adult now. You deserve the truth. " I released a shaky breath.

"Ok."

"Remus bit me when I was four and I became Emily Lupin to escape my mothers wrath. She turned me into a slave and kept me under the Imperius Curse at times. Others Id be chaimed in the attic or cellar. She told my family a monster had killed me." I explained.

"Who are you?"

I pulled out my wand and undid the plastic surgery. My red hair came out and my blue eyes. "My real name is Emma Weasley, Rons twin."

"