Chapter 27: Dobbys Reward

"Ginny!" Mum and Dad exclaimed when we opened the door. They hugged her so tightly and I thought, why couldnt they ever do that to me?

"Emily, Harry, you saved her!" Mum choked.

"I was down in the Chamber too Mum. What about me?" Ron asked annoyed.

"You all were so brave. Ginny, what happened?" Dad asked

Harry began to explain to Dumbledore and McGonagall all about the voices only he could hear, (he never told me). Then he went into how he discovered the basilisk and the Chamber.

"The biggest part of all is that Ginny was writing to an invisible stranger. Tom Riddle took control of Ginny, thats how she could use the basilisk. But, Riddle always erased her memory, she had no idea what she was doing." Harry concluded.

"Dont worry Ginny, greater wizards have been minipulated by Voldemort." Dumbledore sighed.

"You-Know-Who?!" Mum croaked.

"Very few people know that his name used to be Tom Riddle. I taught him myself 50 years ago. But when he left, he dabbled so deeply into Dark Magic that when he returned no one could connect him to that sweet quiet orphan boy who first came here." Dumbledore explained

"Im so glad you're ok Ginny!" Mum sobbed

Ginny smiled and hugged our mother

"There will be no punishment. Why dont you accompany Ginny to the Hospital Wing while I talk to Emily, Harry and Ron?" Dumbledore asked

Everyone filed out.

"Emily, I heard you uh...let yourself loose down there."

"It wont happen again, I promise. I only wanted to save Ginny." I mumbled.

"I know you did. Did either of you see anything?" Dumbledore asked my friends.

"No sir. All we know is Emily killed the snake, we dont know how." Harry answered

Dumbledore looked at me strangely. "Lets just say they forgot what they witnessed."

Dumbledore nodded in approval. "Miss Lupin, your uncle is waiting for you in the Hospital Wing."

"Thank you."

"Miss Lupin?" Dumbledore asked standing up.

"Yes sir?"

Dumbledore walked me out. "Nice work. Remus has acepted a new job and I hope you approve."

"What job?"

"Apparently my DADA teacher was ousted as a fraud while you were in the Chamber. Remus has acepted the job offer." Dumbledore smiled.

"What about our...conditions?"

"Professor Snape has just been approved to brew you both a potion that helps.You are still change, but your head stays." The old man continued

"So I get to take this with my uncle?!" I asked excitedly.

"Yes. You will join Remus in his classrooms on those nights and spend the night together. Then in the morning you return to your classes."

"Thank you so much!"

*

"Emily! I heard about what happened. Im so glad you're ok!" Remus hugged me tightly.

"I heard about your arrangements for next year, and Im excited!" I squealed.

"You mean it?!" Renus grinned

"Of course! I know you will be amazing." I smiled

"I dont know about that." Remus blushed.