Chapter 54: The Unknown Prophecy

We slammed to our feet within Dumbledores office only to hear a shrill alarm go off. With a flick, the sound died.

"Percautions no doubt. He should be here..."

The door flew open with Sirius, Remus, McGonagall and Dumbledore at the front. "Good Merlin!"

"Emily, you two are ok!" Sirius replied looking limp with relief.

I only smiled and pulled out Harry's sphere I had taken. I placed it on the desk. "Voldemort did not acconplish what he wanted. He never got to hear the Prophecy concerning him and Harry."

"How in Merlin did you know that is what he wanted?" Sirius demanded.

"Does it matter? I know he was hell bent on defeating Harry. The only thing logical is the information that sphere held. However, we both heard it. Besides Harry being the one marked to take down that maniac I see no point. The prophecy has served its purpose to Voldemort or failed to." I replied. I made the decision to keep my prophecy a secret.

"So its safe?" Sirius asked.

"It is. The Minister witnessed Harry and Voldemorts battle a few minutes ago. He is getting ready to alert everyone about his return." I answered.

"Come Lupin and Potter; to the hospital wing, now." McGonagall demanded.

We followed her without protest. Once I was alone in the wing with the cutians drawn, I brought out my sphere.

I used my hands to cast privacy wards and saw slight disturbances as the wards drew up around my bed. Then I tapped the sphere and heard my prophecy.

The youngest of 7 will be born on March 12th, but she will become the most powerful of all. By uniting with the one to defeat the Dark Lord, she will become the force to expel all his followers to dust. But she will have one of the hardest roads to travel. She will be the underappreciated person ever to exist. Forced to make unthinkably hard choices on the behalf of others. The most powerful witch born on March 12th, youngest of 7."

I thought it over, then smashed the ball. The pieces shattered and I vanished them at once. Who cares about power? I only want to show my family Im worthy enough to return. Maybe, I should think about revealing myself.

Harry and I were discharged two days later back into the school. Everyone was buzzing in excitement, but I refused to say a word. I had a lot to think about in terms of my prophecy. I always knew Harry and I belonged together. But us saving humanity?! Its a lot for just two people to bear.

I told Harry about my prophecy, playing back the terms to him in the privacy of our room.

"What are you thinking?" Harry asked.

"My family." I sighed.

"Really? What about?"

"If I should tell them...everything about Emma and us. Or if it will only fuel my mothers anger and paranoia about safety." I sighed.

"Emma, there is a potion that exists. Its called Alternate Reality Potion. It puts you into a dream, but shows you what could happen without it happening." Harry smirked.

"Sirius got to you."

"He did and he prepared this for your sake." Harry brought out a crystal clear vial.

"Alternate Reality Potion?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Um..yea. Dad brewed it when you told him the truth. Just drink it and see what you see." Harry smiled handed the vial to me.

I kissed him and downed it quickly.

*

Alternate Reality....

I opened my eyes and found myself again at The Burrow.

"Hello?" I called.

"Mum, Emily is here!" I heard Ginny yell.

I came into the kitchen to find my whole family sitting at the table staring at me. Including Percy. "Hi there."

I saw Ron and Ginny no longer shot me disgusted looks for being woth Harry. Thats a good sign.

"Emily!" Dad boomed.

"I've been lying to you all." I stated at once.

A sea of confused faces were shot at me. "Mrs. Weasley is not the sweet mothering woman she appears to be." I began.

Mum looked worried like she knew! "What are you talking about?!" Mum protested.

"You do. Let me say this; I am a woman, my soul bound to Harry Potter has me emancipated. You cant control me anymore. You know what happened to Emma Weasley, and you know how you wronged her." I growled.

Mums face turned from horrified to furious. When I was younger, that expression resulted in me getting chained up. But not today.

"Why would you dare mention my other daughter?!" Mum snarled.

Meanwhile everyone else jumped back in shock.

I narrowed my eyes and undid the surgery. "Because I was Emma Weasley. Mum saw me bitten by a werewolf and...she was terrified Id hurt or bite anyone. So she turned me into a house elf until I ran away and became Emily Lupin. You all deserve the truth. Ginny, when I mentioned my mother, i meant ours. And Ron, we are twins! I could never love you, or Fred or George romantically." I gagged.

"How dare you return here!" Mum shrieked.

I held out my hand as she was blasted back. "Some things never change." I turned on my heel and walked away.

*

"No! I cant. Mum almost attacked me!" I shivered.

Harry put his arm around me. "I can ask Mrs. Weasley for you."

"If you do, erase her memory." I shuddered.

"Yes Emily."

It was after some debate that Harry and I decided to remain at the castle. Dumbledore thought our rewlquest was sound enough and allowed it.

Sirius had even began to intern under Flitwhick as Charms professor. So he'd be around the castle too.

Our OWLS came and went and I am very confident that I had gained all Es.
Hermione still hangs around us and reassured us shed be writing this summer.

"Im sorry about that Ministry fiasco." She said before leaving.

"We'll be ok. I know we will." I hugged her tightly.

"See you next fall!" Hermione called before boarding the train.

H

arry and I returned to Hogwarts hand in hand.