Chapter 10: Flying Lessons

FYI: I have a reason for postponing flying.

Today is our first flying lesson and Im beyond nervous. Mostly because Remus warned me the charm to change my hair color could come off when airborne.

When we came up to the brooms, I made sure to keep as far away from my twin as possible.

Madam Hooch is a very interesting teacher. Nice, but sharp. She told us to summon our brooms by putting outlr right hands over it and command it. "UP!" I demanded in a confident voice

The broom soared into my hand. I smiled, and saw only Harry got it on the first try.

When we all had our brooms, I watched Hooch correct a pompus Slytherins hand grip. The gossip train told me that Draco Malfoy was always trying to make trouble for Harry and my twin.

"Emily, Im nervous about take off." Neville whimpered.

"Look far out, and never down." I whispered in reply.

"Now get ready to mount it and grip it tight. Now on my whistle, I want you to kick off from the ground hard, hover, lean forward and touch back down." Hooch instructed.

Apparently poor Neville was too worried about being left on the ground, he kicked off before the whistle blew. Neville was very surprised as the broom took him on a loop de loop of a ride resulting in a brocken wrist.

Hooch told us to keep outmr feet on the ground, but no, Malfoy had to nick Nevilles remembrall.

I saw Harry getting mad, as Malfoy got onto his broom and shot up into the air. "Whats the matter Potter? A bit beyond your reach?"

Sneering slightly, Harry prepared his broom for take off. Hes a goner. My wolf mind told me. He never even went into the sky.

Hermione had some sense trying to stop him, but Harry ignored her.  To my amazement hes a natural. I remember my brothers trying to get me on a broom when I was about 3. It only went a foot in the air, but I loved it.

Harry and Draco were apparently throwing insults at each other no surprise there. Suddenly Draco returnrd to the ground while Harry sped away towards one of the castle towers.

Moments later he had returned, the whole class cheered at seeing him, but I held back. Their cheering was going to call attention.

"Harry Potter!" Professor McGonagall had called.

Yes I was right. Malfoy and his goons were snickering at Harrys bad luck. I wanted no more than to punch them, but Remus wouldnt be happy with me, so I remaimed quiet.

When Madam Hooch returned, we went on with the lesson. Malfoy acended into the air with ease. To my satisfaction, so had my brother.

I had a fun time, but opted to stay 4 feet high, Im afraid of heights after being forced to live in the attic.

When we finshed, we went to lunch where we found a surprise. "Harry!"

"Do I have news for you!" Harry.

"Seeker?!" I squealed

"First years never make the team! You must be the youngest Seeker in..."

"A century accocoring to McGonagall." Harry cut my brother off.

"Blimey Harry, you must be good!" I said in awe.

"What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry asked.

"You wont, its in your blood. I have something to show you." Hermione said getting up.

She lead us toa trophy case. We all gazed in and saw a plaque that said James Potter- seeker.

"No way." Harry breathed. "I never knew that."

"You do now." I smiled feeling a bit depressed. Harry wants to know anything about his parents while I want nothing but to forget them.

*

My mind was playing tricks on me. My mind began to scream at me to never tell Ron the truth. I grit my teeth. Blasted full moons tonight, so of course the internal monthly battle has to start.

"Ahh!" I growled slamming my book shut and stormed out of the common room. My anger was getting to a dangerous point. Everywhere I went, students moved away. Good.

"Pomfrey!" I growled.

The nurse peaked out and nodded as she forced fed me a Calming Draught. I flashed her a tight grateful smile as the potion helped me drive my inner wolf back.

I released a deep yawn. "Miss Lupin, you need to rest."

I shook my head, but she fed me another Instant Dreamless Sleep Potion. Against my will, mu eyes shut as I fell into oblivion.

*

"Is she mad?!" A voice yelled.

"Shh! Shes still sleeping." The nurse snapped.

"Why is she tiring herself like this?! It will only make her wolf even harder to control. She should have returned home by now." My uncle said annoyed.

"Remus, you know I cant!" I growled opening my eyes. "My friends will get suspicious of me and you know it! James and Sirius did. If Harry is anything like his dad, he will notice my strange behavior."

"I dont care Emily, you are coming home with me now." Remus took my hand and dragged me to the fireplace.
"Bluebell Cottage!"

I glared at him. "Now everyone will wonder where I am."

"Dumbledore will explain your disappearance. Now sit down and relax. Ill come get you for the full moon." Remus growled firmly.

Furious, I collapsed onto the couch and closed my eyes.

"Emma, get up! Get up, its time." A voice whispered.

My eyes snapped open as I saw a werewolf staring at me.

I sighed and opened the door. Then I stepped out and transformed. I ran up and nestled against Remus. He licked my fave and then took off, me at his heels.

*

I awoke the next morning feeling do sore. I looked around, but Remus was no where to be seen. "Remus?"

No answer. Oh my god, what did I do. "Remus?!" I shrieked.

I sat up and found myself in the middle of the woods. I inhaled slowly tapping into my super smell.

Apparently he was here just an hour ago. Why he would leave me? Hes always here when I wake up.