The Cell

WHUMP!

WHUMP!

That was the last thing Blake heard.

The rush of air and the sound of a blunt object hitting her over the back of her head.

And then, for what felt like an eternity. there was only darkness.

She was present for all of it....feeling like she was sinking...falling into the endless blackness....almost sure that this was it...that she would wake as one of them...half-conscious but desperate for the taste of blood....of human flesh....

So it came as a surprise to her, when she blinked open her eyes to find that she was still shrouded in darkness....cold and bruised.

Blake gave a groan, scrabbling at the cold concrete floor beneath her, trying to heave herself up into a sitting position, gazing around, through the gloom.

Where was she?

And what had happened?

Where was-

She turned her head at the sudden sound of footsteps, noticing suddenly a crack, beneath, what must have been a large steel door to her left, where a bright shaft of light poured from underneath.

She had been outside the walls to Alexandria when it had happened...foraging for, well, anything...

Times were hard and desperate. If only they could find some fruit, some seeds to plant....a farm nearby maybe? But they had tried all that. Anything to try and fill their quota to the Saviours this month.

While Rick and Michonne were out there trying to find guns, Blake was trying to get by...to not see anyone else killed for the sake of pride.

Her and her team had been picked up seven months ago by Aaron...they had been wandering the woods...hiding out and scavenging for food and sustenance where they could, for what felt like years.

Had it been years? All sense of time had seemed to slip through their fingers. Now it was just them and a sunset....tolling the days.

"David?" she croaked, clutching at her sore ribs as a voice that didn't sound like hers, escaped her lips.

Where was she? And why was she here alone?

Alive?

She sat up, pushing her long caramel hair from her face, as a shadow of feet and the sound of footsteps once again passed the door.

She had been walking on her own when she had heard the sound of trucks entering the gates of Alexandria. The Saviours most likely. Blake usually kept her head down when the brutish men made their way into their camp, plundering everything they could get their hands on.

But she couldn't remember what had happened next. Only that sound, and the blackness....

Where was David?