The bathroom counter

It had been a long day that was for sure, and Mia unceremoniously let out a humungous yawn, smacking at her lips, her eyes closing sleepily.

"Wow, well someone's tired," said Blake, who had been sitting on the floor of Negan's room, playing with the tiny toddler for the past hour.

The two of them had a had a busy afternoon.

After finishing up their breakfast, Blake had taken Mia outside, so that they could watch the trucks, that were taking Negan and some of the other Saviours to one of the outposts, driving away out of the lot.

They had lingered there in the sun for a while, Mia pointing at the walkers outside the fences below and asking why they couldn't come in.

But Blake had hastily danced around this question and taken the small girl back inside , back up to Blake's own room so that she could change into a fresh pair of clothes. Still having on the same jeans, shirt and underwear as yesterday despite showering.

While up there, Blake had stuck ghostbusters into the VCR and let Mia watch it. The tiny girl being mesmerised by the pictures on the screen.

Blake doubted she had ever even seen a TV before and that fact felt crazy to her.

That children in this world had grown up with nothing that Blake and others around had taken for granted just a few short years ago. No cell phones, no TV, no internet...

After Blake, who had found a couple of boxes of animal crackers in the cupboard in her room, had given Mia a light lunch, she had then taken her, as promised, to see the wives.

The afternoon, they had spent there, in the large room filled with couches and fluffy cushions, where Mia, who initially had been shy and hidden her face in Blake's t-shirt, had slowly warmed to the women one by one...

...she had babbled and run around the room being chased by Tanya....squealing happily.... before finally, after what felt like a blissful afternoon, the tiny girl had told Blake she needed to go potty and felt tired.

The duo had then hurriedly said their goodbyes and Blake had taken Mia back up to Negan's room, to the nearest bathroom she knew....

The door had of course, been open, but there was no sign of the dark-haired Saviour as the pair had padded hand-in-hand over to the large tiled bathroom, switching on the light.

And it hadn't been long, after the pair had emerged from said bathroom, as if on cue, that there come a sudden heavy knock upon the door.

Blake had chewed on her lip, looking a little worried for a brief moment before uttering an uneasy - 'c-come in...'

But thankfully, to Bake's relief, a short older woman, with long grey hair, had shuffled into the room holding a silver tray, with two plates piled high with two large and juicy hamburgers.

One larger than the other, stuffed with lettuce and fresh tomatoes, and the second, quite a lot smaller, with just a patty and ketchup oozing out of it.

But Blake had smiled, thanking the woman who had hurriedly left without a word, knowing exactly who had arranged this for them...

Had Negan really known they would be here, in his room?

Was she really that predictable?

But even despite this, the pair were ravenous and dug straight into their food, neither of them needing much encouragement to do so.

And so, half an hour later, with delicious burgers both having been devoured....with Mia leaving a bit of the bread and some of the burnt bits of patty pickily...