There's somethin' I need you to see

Today felt like a good day- a rare thing in this world that was for sure!

After having what had felt like the longest lay-in Blake had had in years, feeling oh-so snuggly and sleepy under Negan's sheets, that smelled of his deliciously heady, musky scent, Blake had dragged herself dozily into his shower.

The water had been hot and much needed and had felt so good, burning its way across her smooth skin.

She knew that, right now, life for her was good.

She was lucky to have found herself in such a good position in her life. Here, with a man she loved, and who loved her back.

She had gone for years being on the bottom rung...with David...living out there on the road...sleeping in horrible places surrounded by walking corpses and fearing for your life every time you ventured out to use the bathroom. So despite having everything she would ever want, right here with Negan, Blake knew she couldn't take any of it for granted. Wanting to give the rest of the people here, exactly what she had. Making a better life for all of them.

That was why, after languishing in the shower for a while before heading down to her room to get a fresh change of clothes, Blake had headed out to garden, toiling here for a couple of hours....happy and content with spending time here and pulling her weight as and when she could.

But it was obvious that her love for the people here, was indeed, very much reciprocated. They cared for her, as much as she cared for them, none of them fearing her like they feared Negan, and treating her as one of their own.

And this made her happier than ever.

It was a nice feeling. To be here amongst people who actually gave a shit about here, unlike the people back at Alexandria , who had proven that they would rather have sided with an abusive man over her...just because of her alliance with Negan.

Sure, the dark-haired Saviour certainly had his flaws there was no doubt of that. But he loved her and he had shown Blake just how much he cared for her each and every day, tenfold over the way David had treated her.

Negan had made her feel happy and safe, and that, in this world, meant so, so much.

It had been almost lunchtime by the time Blake, having taken a short break to use the bathroom and freshen up a little after weeding non-stop for almost two hours, was stood in her room humming to herself, as she prepared herself a small cheese and tomato sandwich.

She was dressed today in something far less pretty than yesterday's floral dress. Instead, wearing just a pair of tight indigo jeans, a white t-shirt and pair of brown boots. Her long caramel-hair swept over one shoulder.

Blake had been desperate for the taste of tomatoes for a few days now and was delighted when she had noticed that John (one of the older Saviours that helped out in the gardens sometimes) had already picked an entire basketful straight from the vine by the time Blake had made it outside this morning.

Now Blake carefully cut the single tomato she had gratefully taken into thin slices and placed them on top of the synthetic cheese slice she had gladly accepted from a stall at the marketplace, before squishing down the top of her bread roll onto the filling, and lifting it to her mouth to take a huge bite.

God it felt good to taste something as fresh as this, Blake's mouth watering as she savoured the taste of tomato.

She smiled to herself almost instantly....almost shaking her head.

She really did realise how lucky she truly was right now.

Here she was, with fresh fruit and veg on her plate almost every day, in her own room, at a well-protected place like the Sanctuary, with people all around who cared about her....eating a sandwich.