Beauty and the Beast

It been three hours since, with not even a word from either of the men holding her, Blake was shoved roughly forwards back into the dank and gloomy cell, the door clanging shut behind her

And since then she had sat here, cold, alone and thirsty...wondering if she would ever get out.

She still didn't understand how she had got here?

Had the Saviours captured both her AND David?

But whereas she had been out of Alexandria at the time, a little way into the woods, David had, as far as he had been aware, back at the house they shared.

What were the odds of the Saviours picking up both of them like that?

Had David agreed to make a deal with them then they had gone into the woods and found her? Was that it?

But Blake frowned to herself, here in the darkness.

Did any of that even seem likely?

She worried at her lip with her teeth.

She had nothing for them...no intel they probably didn't already know on Rick and his group. So was her fate to sit in this cell and starve? And then turn into one of those creatures she had been running from this whole time?

Her cheek still stung where David had hit her. But at least for a second that had reminded her that she was indeed still alive...for now.

She was used to it....the bruises and the welts.... but that was the first time David had ever hit her in front of other people before...

Blake remembered back to all those years ago. They had had an apartment together in the city, above a coffee shop.

The place constantly smelled of sour milk, Blake had always been convinced of that...but David had always cuddled her and promised that once day they would buy somewhere out of town...not even in the suburbs....a little place of their own...just the two of them. They had been happy. But that felt like a long time ago now.

Life obviously wasn't destined to turn out the way either of them had wanted...

Blake's green eyes drifted over her lap...just as there came the sudden loud sound of a bolt getting pulled across....

She turned her shadowed face upwards, just as the heavy door was tugged open and in stepped a figure...

Blake half-expected it to be David...

But despite the fact she had never seen the man standing in front of her before, silhouetted in the light streaming out from behind him, she still knew who he was...

He was a person of grotesque legend amongst the people of Alexandria. Some had seen him kill Glen and Abraham.....some had seen him kill Spencer....but everyone knew his name...