For now

Twenty minutes later and Blake was laid across the bed she now shared with Negan, the man in question stretched out beside her, facing her, with his head propped up against his elbow.

Her tears had now long since dried, but she still couldn't seem to help the feeling of apprehension that filled her veins, as she stared up at the bearded man beside her.

Negan however, looked like a completely different guy right now, almost unable to shake the smile that had not left his face since the rooftop, as he drew a hand lazily over Blake's flat abdomen, causing her black vest to ride up a little.

He was obviously excited. As was Blake. Of course she was.

But after what had happened to her in the past with her other two pregnancies, it was hard not to feel nervous and frightened about what this meant for her now.

What if something went wrong?

It had been a risky thing even back before the world had gone to hell. But now, without hospitals and teams of doctors on hand, having or losing a baby, was a frightening prospect.

But Blake pushed these thoughts hurriedly from her mind, gazing up into Negan's elated face.

"Fuck..." he grunted out. "I'm gonna be a fuckin' daddy...a REAL fuckin' daddy."

Blake smiled at this.

This had never really been her plan. And had someone told her just a few short months ago that she would be lying here with Negan's baby growing inside her, she'd have told them they were insane.

But this life....everything moved fast here...so many people had died in such a short space of time....it was a rare thing to be able to hold onto someone, or something, for so long.

Blake had never presumed she'd feel this way about anyone, ever.

In her mind, David had always been the man she would have settled down with....started a family with....and yet look how that had turned out.

David had changed, and although there was no guarantee that Negan wouldn't change either, Blake's already felt a thousand times more protected and safe and loved, than she had ever done with her poisonous and abusive ex.

Blake lifted her hand, gently cupping Negan's' cheek.

"Mhhmmm," she agreed lightly, as Negan's chocolate eyes caught hers, a small frown flitting between his eyebrows.

"So that was the reason you were feelin' shitty?" he asked.

Blake, pursing her lips together, gave a nod.

"Harlan said my iron levels were low, apparently it's quite common in these early stages," she said matter-of-factly. "He just gave me a bunch of prenatal vitamins to take."

She cocked her head up to where three small tubes of pills sat on the nightstand just to her right.

She saw Negan's dark eyes flit there for a moment, before he nodded.

But Blake stared about.

"So where's Mia?" she asked curiously. For the last time she had seen Negan, he had agreed to take care of the teeny toddler while she visited the doctor. "You really palm her off on someone else that quickly?"

But Negan shot Blake a look, raising both eyebrows skyward.

"Uhhh, ex-fuckin'-cuse me, Sweetheart," he said in a sarcastic tone. "But I was busy searchin' this place high an' fuckin' low for you. And that was kinda fuckin' hard with a kidon my damn hip, askin' me all the questions under the fuckin' sun."