Well would you look at that...

Granted it was not even 9am yet, but even so, Negan was having a good fucking day so far.

Not only was he less than a mile away from Rick the prick's place at Alexandria, sitting up in the cab of his truck, as his right-hand man Simon, over to his left, drove.

But he had just left the woman he was head-over-heels about, back in his bed, looking like a goddamn wet dream, the two of them totally and utterly besotted with each other right now.

Negan had not felt this way about anyone since Lucille...that stomach-churning, desperate, devoted kind of love.

For that what it was.

Love.

The two of them finally getting the gall to confess it to one another, after all this fucking time.

Negan grinned to himself, smacking some scavenged gum between his teeth, as the truck approached the looming familiar gates to Alexandria. He peered up, as Simon slowed the vehicle to a halt, looking now, towards Negan for guidance.

"Well, we're here," the mustachioed man uttered, switching off the engine, but even so, leaving the keys in the ignition.

And at his words Negan gave a wicked smile.

"Yes we are, Si," said the dark-haired man with glee, snatching up Lucille from the seat beside him and shoving open the door beside him and hopping out.

It was hot and humid out today, a low thick sort of cloud clinging to the sky, the ground still sodden with last night's rain.

It was the type of weather that immediately made you feel sticky, and if Negan hadn't been so arrogantly going for the 'intimidating badass' kind-of look, he'd have taken his battered old leather jacket off straight away.

But he, like every other Saviour here with him today (of which there were at least twenty of them) knew that a little persuasion and intimidation went a long way. Especially when it came to Rick and his people here, of which Negan had had nothing but trouble from, since they had first darkened his door.

Negan stepped easily out into the close air, leaning back against his heels slightly and gazing around, surveying the area, as his men and women joined him.

He knew every one of them were loyal as shit, and he trusted the majority of them with his life. And so, with a twinkle in his eyes, he barely had to shoot even half of them a loo, as he stalked past them, knowing that they could handle whatever was to come at them from behind those tall gates.

"Oh, Riiiiiick," Negan called out now in a loud carrying voice, as he strolled casually towards said-gates, his trusty barbed-wire covered baseball bat slung up over his shoulder. "Daddy's home!"

There was brief pause, as a carrying silence drifted a across the open space.

But Negan let out a low satisfied chuckle as after a brief few second there was a screeching sound, as the fence covering the gates were hastily tugged open by a black guy in a dog-collar, and of course, the man of the moment, himself...

"Rick!" said Negan with glee, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he spotted the bearded man he had come to adore to wind-up, stood today in a pale blue shirt. "I knewyou wouldn't leave us waitin' out here in the cold for too long."

And with that Negan waved a hand easily up at the, anything-but-cold, air around him.

But Rick, who already had a sheen of perspiration across his darkened brow, cocked an eye in Negan's direction, tugging back the heavy iron gates with a huff.