A Warm Day

It was warm day. The hottest Blake had felt in a long time. She had noticed that from the moment she had awoken at around nine-thirty this morning.

Blake had gotten up and dressed, struggling to find anything appropriate in her closet for the scorching hot conditions. So had finally settled on a pair of black pants and a plain white t-shirt. But even then, she felt herself perspiring as she walked through the hallway on her way back from grabbing a quick, late-morning breakfast of stale oatmeal, at the makeshift canteen.

The previous day had gone by, for Blake, in a flash.

On her way day to see Dr Carson the previous day, followed by Negan. The tall, dark-haired Saviour had been apprehended by Simon, and had soon disappeared off, giving no explanation. And that had been the last time Blake had seen him.

Almost twenty-four hours later and Blake could only presume he was off on a run somewhere, or visiting one of the groups the Saviours had power over.

Not that she cared or anything.

Negan did nothing but irritate and annoy her, although the day did seem to go by a lot quicker when he was around.

Blake had grabbed a bread roll and bit of cheese for lunch yesterday and had sat alone eating it, just as she had done that evening too.

But the nervous stares and glances that seemed to follow her, soon had become too much to cope with, and so Blake had eventually taken her evening meal of turkey and green beans up to her room to eat instead.

She guessed that word must have spread about David's demise.

But she hoped to god most people knew the full story. Not just painting her as a brutal killer, like Negan and the rest of his men.

David had deserved all that. Hadn't he?

He had ground Blake down...tried to kill her....

....but she found it difficult to be proud of the fact that she had been solely responsible for his death.

She wasn't a Saviour.

She wasn't Negan.

Bake gave a sigh. Scooping her long caramel hair up off her clammy neck as she walked, today, down the long darkened hallway.

The heat was causing her skinny pants to stick to her legs uncomfortably. And Blake knew that there was only one other place she might be in with the change of finding something, weather-appropriate, to put on.

And so, turning left at the end of the corridor, she headed through a large set of double doors and down the stairs that followed.

Her knowledge of the Sanctuary was improving and she was slowly finding it easier to navigate the maze of hallways now...Not that she planned to stay here or anything.

Negan had yesterday asked her if she had wanted to go home. Go back to Alexandria.

But did she? Right now she wasn't so sure.

Of course, she couldn't stay here forever....but there was something grounding her here....making her feel slightly tentative about going back to Rick and his group.

Perhaps it was the fact that she would be returning alone. And not with David.

Of course they would ask questions about his whereabouts, and that was not really something Blake wanted to discuss at the moment.

So she would wait until Negan asked again maybe.

And then she would make up her mind.

Blake shoved open a large steel door ahead of her, walking slowly into the busy marketplace, already full of people going to and fro...bartering points for items at each table and stand.