Catharsis

"Mornin', Peaches," came Negan's growling words, as Blake dropped the blade in her hand with a clatter.

There she was. After all this fucking time.

Like a damn goddess to him.

Negan noticed almost instantly she looked better now. That vacant expression almost diminished, and there was a warmth in her cheeks and a glow to her that hadn't been there of a late.

But as they stood there, face to face, the dark-haired Saviour felt his goddamn nerves getting the better of him.

His heart was hammering away inside his ribs. His mouth dry.

Shit. What if she turned them away?

What if she was angry at him for turning up like this on her damn doorstep unannounced?

But Negan didn't even get the chance to say another word, as, freezing there for a long moment, Blake suddenly launched herself forwards, her arms sliding around Mia and pulling the teeny toddler from his arms, her lips pressing kisses to her the tiny girls' pudgy cheeks.

Mia squirmed in Blake's arms, giving a giggle.

"Mommy shtop tha!" she shrieked in delight, but Blake did not relent, tears streaming down her pretty face.

"Oh Mommy's missed you, so, so much," Blake murmured into Mia's skin as he held her close.

Negan took this chance to look at her now, the woman he fucking loved with all his heart, who he fucking hoped still loved him back.

For now, she wasn't looking at him, her focus solely on Mia.

Worry flooded through his veins. Shit. She did want to fucking see him, didn't she?

For even during their radio call, she had only asked about Mia, not about him.

But as though reading his mind, Blake's watery green orbs suddenly met with his.

And in her look, all manner of unspoken, much-needed words seemed to pass between the pair, Negan's nerves settling slightly.

Blake pulled herself from Mia, holding the tiny girl on her hip, her eyes never leaving Negan's.

"You should both come inside before you catch your death out out here," she murmured in a quiet voice, slowly turning and leaving the door behind her open for Negan to follow.

And the dark haired Saviour merely hovered there for a few long moments, his eyes following her as she padded off, before he took a large step in through the doorway behind her, shutting the door after him with a gentle snap.

Blake placed a wriggling Mia down onto the floor.

"Be careful of the fireplace, baby," she warned in a gentle voice as she stood up straight watching as Mia waddled over to the mattress on the floor in the corner of the room testing it with her tiny sock-covered foot.

She truly was the most precious thing. And Blake had missed her with every fibre of her being.

But Mia wasn't the only person who she had missed.

But the blonde felt her heart begin to pound as she stood now, her eyes unable to meet with Negan's, noticing him stroll into the room after them, out of the corner of her eye.

As much as Blake was glad they were here this was all a little sudden now......a little unexpected...

What if he was angry at her? Here to yell at her for abandoning him?

Or ready to guilt trip her into returning to the Sanctuary for Mia's sake?

But Blake needed to remember that Negan wasn't David. He wasn't here to manipulate her.