Accusations

A few users have asked about timelines. I'd like to think that this story is AU anyway, but probably slots in sometime after Eugene is taken to the Sanctuary, but before Sasha and Rosita head there to storm the place. But let's just say for the sake of this story, Negan still has that gorgeous scruffy beard of his ;)

"Don't move," uttered Michonne in a raised tone, pointing a stern finger at Blake.

It had been a few minutes now since Negan had left them, and Rick, having followed the dark-haired Saviour to the front gates, making sure him and the rest of his cronies had definitely left, had left Michonne standing guard.

But Blake, having long since stopped caring, had settled herself into armchair, her slender and bare legs crossed over one another.

She arched an eyebrow up towards the tall black woman at her side.

"Don't worry," she said with a tired sigh, under her breath. "I'm not going anywhere This is my fucking house after all..."

Michonne turned her head sharply towards Blake, scowling. But she didn't have time to say anything in response, as sudden heavy footsteps entered the hallway once more.

Blake almost rolled her eyes now, as she saw Rick appear in the doorway, looking sweaty and harassed.

"They're gone," he said curtly to Michonne glancing at him momentarily before his beaded eyes flickered almost instant back towards Blake.

She knew what was coming of course.

"What the hell was that all about?" came Rick's sudden loud voice as he paced towards her, pointing back in the direction of the front door, which Negan had disappeared out of, less than five minutes ago.

But Blake kept her gaze down, instead slowly reaching over and grasping up Negan's half-drunk glass of bourbon from the coffee table easily.

"I don't know what you're talking about.." she murmured giving a shrug.

But at once, Rick had wrinkled his nose, cutting swiftly across her.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Blake!" he shouted loudly, baring his teeth. "Why did you lie to us about Negan? You told us he kept you locked up...that you didn't see him..."

At this Blake paused for a second, lifting the glass to her lips and taking a sip of the brown liquor, and it was a moment before she finally gulped down the burning alcohol and peered up at Rick lazily.

But she didn't speak.

"What? You spying on us for him, is that it?" said Rick inching towards her and cocking his head to the side. "Feedin' him information?"

But at this, Blake immediately pursed her lips, a frown line shifting its way between her brows.

"No, I'm not, Rick," she said with contempt in her voice.

But Rick didn't seem happy with that response, his lips twitching, trying to search for the words.

"Then what was he doing here, huh?" he asked in a raised voice. "Why did he come to see you?"

Blake gave a tiny gulp at this. Was she going to tell them the truth...about all that had happened between her and Negan...how her heart seemed to flutter the moment he came into a room?

She gave a small sigh, her fingers toying with the glass tumbler in her lap.

"I don't know...." she said in a quiet voice.

How could she tell these people the reality that he was really here because he wanted to speak to her...that he had wanted to see her...

But Rick looked furious right now, angrier than Blake had ever seen him.