You promise?

The sky had now become dark and shadowy outside by the time Blake finally made it back to her room, shutting the door behind her with a snap.

She leant back against the dark wood and let out a shaky breath of air, closing her eyes as she did so, feeling tears slide down her cheeks.

Everything right now felt hopeless. More so than it had done since the very start of the apocalypse.

All of the things Blake had strived so hard to build here had vanished into dust. Leaving only her alone.

There was no Mia...no Tara, no Aaron or Eric having her back...she was on her own here, ready for whether fate awaited her.

And Blake did not have to wait very long...

...for she had only been back a minute or so....

....when behind her head, there came a sudden loud knocking upon the wooden door at her back.

The caramel-blonde woman gave a sudden gulp, blinking open her tearful eyes once more and turning around on the spot.

Had Negan sent his men to get her so soon?

Was she to spend the rest of the night in a cell?

Or worse?

Perhaps she would be dead by morning, for Negan had surely punished people for much less.

Blake had let Steve go...just like that.

And from what she had heard, Dr Carson's brother had been burnt alive for doing a very similar thing.

But, ready and willing to face what was coming, Blake let out a shaky puff of air, her fingers grasping the door handle tightly.

And so, composing herself, she took a step back, slowly pulling open the door and awaiting whatever fate beheld her.

But Blake gave a sudden gulp as her eyes landed on a familiar figure stood there, face set, barbed wire covered baseball-bat propped up against his leather-clad shoulder.

Negan.

Right now he looked more intimidating than ever before, but Blake was done with playing the scared little victim, lifting her chin up defiantly, her green eyes meeting with his.

"May I come in?" he growled in a low voice, his face unreadable now.

Blake waited for a long moment, before finally giving him a curt nod and standing aside for him to pass.

Was this it? Was he about to use Lucille on her?

If so, Blake was ready and oh-so willing to stand her ground.

She hadn't forgotten all the things that had happened between them lately. She had been stupid, granted. But even Negan himself wasn't blameless in all this.

Blake shut the door behind him as the dark-haired Saviour strolled into the room, rubbing a hand across his bearded chin as he did so.

His shoulders were slightly hunched now, his head facing the ground.

At his presence, the room almost immediately filled with a smothering tension. Blanketing both of them in ghosts and memories of their arguments over the past week.

Blake pressed herself back against the door once again, awaiting whatever was to come next from him.

Perhaps he was here to kill her himself? Perhaps he would ask her to leave?

But no matter, Blake was not about to go down without some sort of a fight.

For all this. All their arguments. All their betrayal an hurtful words. It was destroying her from the inside anyway.