If I help you

Blake stared at the pair in shock, blinking her green eyes several times.

She had never in a million years thought that anyone would find here here, let alone Tara and also Carl of all people.

"W-W-What are you doing here..." she asked, the words spilling out of her mouth with a murmur of disbelief.

But Tara just rubbed at her arm looking a little sheepish now, as she chanced a glance at Carl at her side, who looked far more composed.

And it was the teenager who spoke, his voice far more gravelly than Blake remembered.

"We need to talk..." he said, his expression somewhat fixed. "Can we come in?"

But Blake, letting a gulp slide down her throat, hovered for a moment.

"H-How find you even find me?" she said, sounding perhaps a little bitter now.

For this had been hideaway. Her sanctuary. And for them to just walk in here like this...

"We saw Negan's truck...at the side of the road," explained Carl calmly. "We came up here, to talk to him and saw you stood on the doorstep together. We came to talk to him, but thought it might have best to discuss all this with you first."

Blake could have rolled her eyes at this.

So they had both been too cowardly to confront Negan while he had been here, and instead had waited until he was gone, to come and see Blake? Was that it?

Seriously?

Why were they so obsessed with interfering in lives that no longer concerned them?

Blake was not going back to Alexandria.

She had already told Tara this, so why could she not see that that wasn't what Blake wanted?

"So you were heading to the Sanctuary?" she asked with a frown.

But Carl merely nodded. "We..uh..we still are actually..."

Blake, let her mouth fall agape, looking first to Carl and then to Tara, feeling an anger and a hard sense betrayal bubbling up inside her as she stared at her friend.

After all she had done to try and get Tara away from the Sanctuary after her last foolish venture there, was this really what her friend was choosing to do?!

After everything Blake had risked for her?

There really was no stopping these people was there. And as much as she loved Tara, this really was the last straw.

Blake was in the midst of trying to get better, and this intrusion was he last thing she needed.

And so, giving a hard frown, balling her first at her sides, the blonde woman spoke.

"Well if it's Negan you want to see?" she said licking at her lips. "He's gone. Go chase after him if that's what you want. But I'm not interested in your petty games. Just leave me alone."

And with that, giving the pair one last look, Blake turned, placing her hand on the door and making to pull it closed behind her.

"Blake, please!" said Carl in a sudden loud, pleading voice, causing the caramel-blond woman to stop in her tracks, still turned away from both of them, her fingers trembling as he dropped her hand from the door. "Its you we want to talk to...please..." he said in a firm voice. "We really think you can help us....please."

But Blake turned back to Carl and Tara now, angry tears pricking at her eyes.

"Why?" she snapped, shaking her head. "So your Dad can try and kill Negan...hurt my people-"