The Library

"An' this," said Negan as he shoved open a door with dull end of Lucille, to reveal a room full of dusty old bookshelves crammed with books. "...is the library."

Blake took a step forwards, her mouth dropping open slightly, as Negan let his arm slip from around her shoulders.

Since they had left the marketplace, Negan had showed her around the makeshift hospital wing, the gymnasium (filled with several punching bags, and some tired out gym equipment) and had now brought her along the corridor here...to the library as he so called it.

Blake looked back at Negan over her shoulder giving a bemused frown. "You have got to be kidding, right?" she said shooting him a look. "A library...seriously. I mean, I'll be looking out for the singing teapot next."

Negan merely chuckled, raising his chin and arching his back slightly and flashing his bright white teeth. Lucille was now swung back over his shoulder lazily, and he had his free hand half stuffed into his pants pocket easily.

"Well, Peaches, readin' is important. I mean, half those sorry sacks of shit out there, are pretty much fuckin' illiterate, and the ones who can read have better fuckin' things to do nowadays....but you are welcome to browse my wares, darlin'," uttered Negan in a cocky voice, as Blake gave a smirk, rolling her eyes at him and turning back to the shelves before her.

"Thanks," she said a sarcastic tone, her eyes drifting over the titles as she wrinkled her nose. "I'll bare it in mind."

She heard Negan give a laugh.

"Well after you're done here, I'll take you on a tour of the kitchens. See if there's anything you might want to eat," he uttered matter-of-factly, scratching at his face. "See if there's anything hot and gourmet you might them to rustle up for you."

Blake gave a shrug, pulling a book titled How to get rich in twenty easy steps towards her, before scoffing and throwing it back onto a nearby pile.

"Hmmm, gourmet dining isn't really my thing," she said glancing back at him over her shoulder. "I'd definitely take pizza and a movie over that any day."

Negan's lips curved up into a smile. His dark eyes drifting across her face, causing Blake's stomach to backflip slightly.

But she turned back to the shelves again, shaking this feeling from her.

What was up with her today?

Right now, she felt so much more conflicted than she had done, say, yesterday.

She had been a part of Rick's group for six months. Of course she was completely loyalty to them....but Negan had, in her short time here, had made her feel strangely...well, at home.

She gave a small inward sigh, picking up a large hardback book on Giant Tortoises of the Galapagos, before putting it down again.

But it wasn't a second later that several footsteps came thudding down the corridor towards Negan and the open door.

"Negan," came a sudden male voice.

Blake turned, to see a tall man with a long handlebar moustache and brown hair appear in the corridor alongside a second, much younger man, carrying a gun.

"Sorry if I'm...uh...interrupting," said the older man looking a little uncertainly between Blake and Negan, as if surprised to see her.

The younger man moved off down the corridor to stand guard.

Negan immediately gave a grin, and pointed suddenly at Blake with his bat.

"Blake, Simon. Simon, Blake," he said in a charming voice.