The Run

The journey had been an uneventful one...and with the combination of rain hammering down onto the truck and Negan's terrible taste in music playing loudly from the car stereo...they was little-to-no conversation between the pair...until they finally found themselves at their destination around mid-afternoon.

Negan had used his radio a couple of times. Checking in with the men in the other truck, as well as Dwight in the back. But the equipment just seemed crackly and pretty intermittent out here in the middle of nowhere.

Blake stared out of the window, as Negan pulled the truck to a halt a little way away from a dark and looming building up ahead.

It looked like some sort of out of town convenience store. Blake knew that most of the ones she had encountered along the way had all been looted of food and medicine long ago...but the windows and doors of this one, looked surprisingly intact...which was good for them, she supposed.

But she knew that that would mean the place had not yet been cleared of walkers which was a dangerous thing. Especially out here where the rain and dull light would cause them to be privy to bad visibility and hearing.

"Well hot-diggity-dog," Negan muttered, peering up at the store and switching off the engine. "Would you look at that fuckin' beauty."

Blake rolled her eyes, shoving the door beside her open and stepping out of the truck into the rain.

She looked around, pulling her knife from her belt, as a second later she was joined by Dwight, Simon, five other men and one woman, all carrying weapons of varying sizes.

They all waited, shifting their weight from foot-to-foot, until a moment later when Negan joined them, strolling lazily around the truck, Lucille resting across his right shoulder.

"Alright boys," he said in a loud voice through the falling rain, loud enough to cause a walker ambling along nearby, to let out a strangled cry of hunger, and begin limping slowly towards them.

But none of them batted an eyelid at this threat yet.

"Now there are some things on that list of mine, that none of those asshole camps that were takin' from, have been able to give me yet," he continued in a commanding tone. "So let's get in there and see what treasure we can dig up. We clear?"

There came a murmur of 'Yes Negan", as the Saviours, all bar Negan himself and Simon, disappeared off, moving this way and that, weapons raised, heading towards the large building.

The rain was coming down hard now, but despite Blake already feeling soaked through and freezing cold she gritted her teeth, raising her head and bringing herself up to her full height, looking over Negan as he spoke.

"And Peaches," finished the tall leader of the Saviours. "You can come with me an' Si here. If you think you can handle yourself?"

Blake pursed her lips, but didn't say a word, as the approaching walker behind her gave a strangled cry, reaching its arms out towards her and baring its teeth.

She turned easily around and impaled the walker through the skull with her long blade.

"I'm good," she uttered, as the body dropped to the ground in a heap before her and she span back around, glancing up into Negan's chocolate eyes.

He offered her an impressed look, and pressed a hand to her back leading her forwards over towards the building.

"Can I just say..." uttered Negan into her ear leaning in towards her. "...that you look hot. as. hellusing that knife. I mean, Jesus Christ, Doll-face, do not let me get on the wrong side of you!"