As stubborn as the other

Blake wandered down the long corridor alone, keeping her head bowed low, not even acknowledging the few Saviours she had passed along the way down here.

It was mid-morning and had turned out to be a warm and sunny day. Much different to the rain storms and showers the region had been privy to over the last few days, at least!

Blake had slept terribly last night, tossing and turning until the early hours, where she had finally drifted off into a dream-world filled with visions of David, of hungry snapping walkers, and hands pulling her down into the darkness....

She had woken, drenched with sweat. sitting bolt upright and scaring herself half to death, with her undraped window filled with a grey early morning light. She had then somehow managed to get in another hour or two before, finally waking again and making a move to drag herself up.

Blake had then promptly taken a cold shower in the communal stalls in the bathroom down the hall, before drying of her long caramel hair as best she could, slipping on a pair of black jeans and a grey t-shirt, and wrapping a wide black belt with a huge buckle around her curved hips.

And it was then that he had begun to pace, worrying at her lip with her teeth, thinking about last night....at what had happened between her and Negan.

Had it all been just a silly argument?

Because right now it felt like more than that. Worse than just a silly tiff, with both saying hurtful things to the other.

But Blake was stubborn, wounded by the Saviour's words....

At his blasé attitude towards Mia's death...

He had shown his true colours, and the last thing Blake was about to do, was fall back into his arms...to forgive him...

For how could she, after everything?

But the caramel-blonde woman knew that she could not stay cooped up in this room here forever.

Perhaps today she could leave the Sanctuary, take a pack full of stuff and just.... go...

But where?

She had burned all her bridges with Rick and the folks back in Alexandria now, and there really weren't many other safe places out there in this world anymore...

So she would try and get through today at least...think about it a while longer...hunger distracting her for the time being.

And so Blake had headed down towards the large canteen. Hoping to god she did not run into the dark-haired Saviour while she was down there.

For she was still upset. Angry at what had been said between them last night. She realised now that she was nothing more to Negan than a conquest. He hadn't cared about Mia, and he certainly hadn't cared about her!

Blake had just been a distraction to him, and that's all she would ever be. She could see that now.

And so, keeping her eyes on the ground now, Blake she turned the corner, heading into the large open-plan hall that acted as makeshift canteen for the Saviours.

Here, several long tables were set up, with plenty of people going to-and-fro today, carrying tray and bowls full of food.

But as Blake walked through the open door's leading inside, an eerie hush fell over the entire area almost instantly.

Blake immediately bristled, lifting her eyes for the first time since she had left her room, before giving a dry gulp.

Almost every single person in the room's eyes were on her now. But unlike yesterday, this was not reverence. None of them fell to their knees, but all of them kept on looking at her....like she was a some sort of mythical creature, a thing of legend here.