The Stormy Night

It was almost midnight by the time Negan and Blake finally wandered into the hallway.

The dark-haired Saviour had finally shrugged on his dark leather jacket, grasped up Lucille from the kitchen worktop and strolled into the small gloomy area behind the caramel-blonde woman.

Blake had somehow just managed to finish washing the dishes with Negan standing behind her almost the entire time, bothering her.

She felt so utterly happy in his presence, despite his incessant teasing and the way in which, even when she attempted to bat him with a handful of soap bubbles, he barely relented with the constant flirting and dirty words whispered into her ear.

Despite them finishing their dinner a long while ago now, the bearded Saviour had made no move to leave. And since their heart-to-heart at the dinner table a good forty minutes ago, Negan had been more touchy feely than ever with her.

It had felt good to finally let it all out. To tell someone all she had been keeping inside her for so long. The fact that she would probably would ever be able to have a child of her own, hurt...every single day.

At first the apocalypse had distracted her enough to keep her mind off of it; then David's hurtful words and the bruises he left upon her skin...

...but then.....upon finding Mia...well, Blake hadn't been able to help but dwell upon that sorrowful fact...yearning for a family of her own.....for someone to love...

But it was tonight that she truly realised that she wasn't alone.

That she wasn't the only one with painful memories.

And that there had been someone here all along...who had been here for her....who had protected her...who had made her laugh....and smile...and feel whole again.

Someone who had made the bruises go away...who had wiped her tears....who had given her, not only his bed, but her life back too...

The tall, dark haired man standing before her now, in the dim light of the hallway.

He was everything to her, and Blake felt not only her body, but her heart ache for him, as he followed her out into the small space, coming to stand in front of the looming front door.

She wanted to be with him.....this fear-inducing, crazy man...with a penchant for killing....but who had somehow made er life ten times better in the short time she had known him.

She had gone from that woman, pushed around her her asshole fiancé, to a queen, revered by others, tangled up with Negan.

A queen to his king.

"So, you gonna walk me out, Peaches?" uttered Negan raising a dark eyebrow in Blake's direction, as he strolled up to her, licking at his lips.

Blake desperately didn't want him to go, as his free hand skimmed down her hips, making her heart pound faster and her breath catch in her throat, here in the silent, shadowy hallway.

But it was late now and Blake knew that it was dangerous to be out there on the road at night. Even for Negan and the other Saviours, as hardy as they were.

So the caramel-blonde woman gave a small pouting huff now, stepping into Negan and toying with the zipper on his leather jacket.

"I suppose," she murmured, staring up at him through sultry eyelashes.

But Negan at this gave a chuckle, gazng down at her and brushing his thumb suddenly across her jawline.

"I just love it when you pout, Doll-face," he growled, suggestively. "Makes me wanna do all sortsa' bad fuckin' things to that mouth of yours."