Good morning kisses

A soft dawn sunlight trickled in through the large windows on the far end of Negan and Blake's lengthy room, illuminating the dark-haired man who lay alone in the bed, covers rumpled around him, frowning face burrowed into a white pillow that was squashed beneath his head.

Blake who was up and dressed already, and sat on the floor playing dolls with Mia, smiled, peering up and watching as Negan shifted a little beneath the white sheets, waking groggily from his slumber.

"Wanna go give daddy a good morning kiss, baby?" whispered Blake deviously to the toddler sat beside her.

Mia chanced a glance over her shoulder at the sleeping Negan, before nodding excitedly and instantly getting to her feet, waddling over to the bed on chubby legs.

Today was a new day, Blake thought.

The troubling events of last night still sat heavy in her mind, of course they did. But today, well, she wanted to start afresh.

Just them. Just the Saviours.

Any bridges between her and the Alexandrians, thanks to Rick, had been well and truly burned. But that was ok.

They would be ok.

They didn't need anyone else, Blake knew that now.

The blonde woman smiled, pulling herself to her feet with a stiff groan, brushing her hands down on the back of her tight indigo jeans. She sighed gently, before moving quickly over to Mia and hauling her up beneath her armpits and dumping her down onto the mattress beside the the dark-haired Saviour, who was blatantly awake but trying to hide it, lying on his front now and grizzling into his pillow, his face obscured from view.

"Come on, Daddy," Blake urged in a gentle teasing voice. "Wakey, wakey."

"Yea!" said Mia happily, crawling on top of Negan's back, her tiny knees digging into his spine. "Wayki, Wayki, Eggy!"

Blake laughed, tucking strand of long blonde hair behind her ear and coming to perch on the end of the bed beside the pair.

Negan gave a muffled groan.

"Daddy ain't awake yet, Beansprout," came his voice, heavy with sleep, but with a hint of playfulness residing there.

At this Mia squeaked with delight. "Yesh, yoo are! Yoo are awaik, Daddy! I 'ear yoo!"

"You must be imaginin' it," he muttered again.

But this only caused Mia to giggle and lean her tiny lips into his large ear, tugging at his earlobe with her pudgy fingers.

"Noh, n-noh....I noht. Naw waik up!" she muttered bossily into his ear as though telling him an important secret.

And it was only when she had pulled away and slid off of him, coming to rest on her bendy knees and peering at him expectantly, did Negan finally mutter a grizzled "Alright, Alright," and turn his head to face the pair of them, cocking a dark and frowning eyebrow up at Mia.

He was silent for a moment or two, before speaking.

"Am I gettin' that kiss then, Pipsqueak?"

Blake smiled, her heart feeling close to bursting, as Mia gave yet another happy giggle and pressed a drooly and loud kiss to Negan's cheek.

He grinned, swiping at his cheek with his hand as his eyes met with the blonde's finally.

"Is Daddy gonna get a kiss from Momma too?" he growled out, his dark eyes glinting with something.

And Blake could think of nothing she wanted more at that very moment than to oblige, smirking, as she rolled her eyes and leaned in, kissing gently at Negan's cheek just over the place where Mia had kissed him a second or two ago.

She pulled back slowly as Negan shifted around under the covers, his own grinning lips brushing against hers teasingly.

"Can I get woken up like this every fuckin' mornin', Peaches..." he asked in a lazy voice.

But Blake just smiled in return, nuzzling her nose to his.

"Not a chance," she purred, pressing a feather-light kiss to either side of his mouth teasingly. "You've got a community to run. But I, on the other hand, am the one who needs her beauty sleep."

With that, she pulled away, sitting back against her knees, pressing her hands to her lap, as Negan let out a long sigh, marvelling at her with a wide smirk.

"You get any more fuckin' beautuful, Darlin' an' I'm gonna have to think about lockin' you back up that cell downstairs for safe-keepin'," he growled.

But the dark-haired man was instantly hit with a pillow colliding with his face.

"You dare, Negan," came Blake's sing-song voice, as she slid from the bed, moving over to the closet just a few feet away from the four-poster, and opening its wide oak doors.

Negan shifted onto his side and propped up his head with his hand to watch as the blonde began to fuss with her hair, gazing intently at her own reflection with a pout.

"I was thinking..." said Blake after a few long moments of comfortable silence had passed, while Mia attempted to squeeze herself, head-first, between the gap between Negan's head and elbow. Negan saw the blonde's green eyes meet his in the reflection. "...after all that stuff last night..."

Her gaze left his for a mere second almost shamefully, before travelling back up again.

"...how about we go on a run out today? That way we can spend some time together AND take out any pent up frustration on any walkers we see. I mean, it's been a while, right?"

Negan gave a small, bemused frown at this, but Blake continued anyway, piling all her hair up onto her head before letting it fall carelessly back down onto her shoulders.

"Tan told me Mia's got a playdate with one of the kids from downstairs anyway, so...I dunno...I just thought it would give us a chance for some alone time," she finished turning to face him now and giving a small shrug, waiting for his reaction.

Blake half expected him to put his foot down and say no. For why the hell did he have to keep obliging all of Blake's whimful ideas?

But to her surprise Negan merely pursed his lips together, thinking for a moment, as he prised Mia's butt out from under his arm carefully, before answering with a slow nod.

"A road trip, huh?" he mused with a sniff. "Well I guess it couldn' do no harm. As long as you promise to stick with me the whole fuckin' time, Darlin'-"

He pointed a warning finger at Blake who merely smirked, rolling her eyes.

"Cause' I know what you're like for wanderin' off, an' gettin' that oh-so-fine ass of yours into all sortsa' trouble."

Blake offered him an innocent look in return.

"As if I'd do anything of the sort," she smirked, closing the closet door and wandering back over to them, hips swaying as she went.

And Negan could only narrow his dark eyes, letting a grin encapsulate his long face as she watched her entranced.

"Well I guess it's a damn date then," he replied, lifting his chin as Blake leaned in towards him, her smiling lips brushing against his.

"I guess it is," she murmured back, before kissing Negan gently.