Chapter 1 - a new begin

~Lucy's POV~

I woke up from the most annoying sound ever, my alarm clock. Today was the first day at my new school named Fairy Tail High.

I'm so nervous. You don't want to be the new girl. Really. You just don't want to.

Right now I was changing into my favorite outfit. I ate breakfast and brushed my teeth. This was going to be an awesome year, at least that is what I hoped. I checked my phone and it was 8.10 am. Class starts at 8.30. Shit, I'm going to be late and I have to get my schedule too.

I ran out my house towards school. I lived nearby, so that was lucky. I watched in awe as I saw the high school in front of me. The photos on the internet didn't lie. It was huge.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. Most people were looking at me from top to toe.

I heard whispers, some nice but some not. I heard whispers like:
"Is she the new girl?"
"She looks pretty, I am so jealous."
"Who is that? Probably a whore."
And so on. But I don't let it bother me. I had learned that everyone who gossips about someone is either jealous or they just don't have a life.

And if they say mean things about you, they're jealous. Or they got a good reason, but they don't know me.

So jealous.

I really hoped this school wouldn't be that cliché though.

So where do I find the office? After a long time searching I found it. I knocked on the door and I heard a "Come in." I opened the door and saw a short, old man sitting on his chair.

"Hello, how may I help you?" said the man. He was... not like I expected. I expected a tall, intimidating man. I mean, it's one of the best high schools in the area. I politely smiled and made a bowing gesture.

"I'm here to pick up my schedule, sir, I'm Lucy, the new student. Thank you for having me," I answered politely. Wouldn't want to make a bad impression on my first day.

"Call me Makarov," he said.

"I will." I probably won't but who cares. He gave me my schedule and I made sure that only the teachers and him know my surname. I've dealt with enough two-faced people in my life.

I closed the door and looked at my schedule. It said that my first lesson English is. It's already 8:25 am. I don't know where the classroom is. So either I'm gonna be late or I would just ask someone. Alright. We got this.

I saw a blue haired girl walking past me, she seems nice.

"Hey, can I ask you something? I'm new here and I don't know where my classroom is." I said, getting her attention.

"Sure, I'm Levy, show me your schedule," Levy said, smiling. "Here," and I handed it to her. "I'm Lucy by the way."

"We have the same classes together so follow me." Great, I at least know someone now.

"Hurry we are almost late." Levy grabbed my hand and dragged me to our classroom. We were right on time.

"Class be quiet, we have a new student," the teacher said. "Now go introduce yourself."

Ugh, the worst part. "Hello everyone, I am Lucy Heart. I hope we can be all friends." And there was it again, the gossip.

"Very well, Ms. Heart, I am Mr. Gildarts Clive, but you can call me Gildarts. You may sit down next to Mr. Dragneel, raise your hand Mr. Dragneel."

I looked to the person and he had pink hair. I sat next to him. Luckily Levy sat in front of me.

I cleared my throat and looked at the pink haired guy. "Hey, what's your name?"

He was pretty good looking, his eyes showing nothing but mystery.

~Natsu's POV~

The moment the newbie walked in I stared at her. I'm not gonna lie, she's hot. I felt something strange in my belly, I don't know what it is.

And no, it's not the food I crammed in my stomach before school.

It is actually a miracle I didn't skip class. But yeah, it's the first day. And besides what everyone says, I want to pass. No way I'm going to spend another year here, or that I'm going to drop out.

Drop outs are for losers.

"I am Lucy Heart," I heard her say. Why does that feel as a lie? She seems interesting enough though. People in the class were already gossiping about her. And she acts like it's nothing.

I smirked. I liked that.

She sat next to me and asked for my name.

I grinned devilish. "Natsu Dragneel."

_______________________

Thank you for reading.