Chapter 19 - you

Thanks for the 300+ reads. 💕
_________________________

~Lucy's POV~

"Ugh. I can't believe that almost happened," I groaned while slamming my head softly on the desk. He's probably going to ignore me or worse, hate me.

Today, school begins again.

I dressed properly and brushed my hair, letting it fall against my back. I heard a knock on the door. Levy and Gajeel were behind the door.

"Hey Lu-chan, you needed a ride, right?" Levy asked smiling. I nodded in respond. "But why is Gajeel here?" I asked suspiciously.

Her face was trying to contain her blush.

"Nothing, I just needed a ride too," Gajeel said, having a poker-face on. I smirked.

"Ohhh... So the first person you ask is Levy-chan, huh?"

"Lu-chan! Just get ready. Don't want to be late now, do we?" and I groaned, I grabbed my backpack and went to school.

I felt the wind blowing against my hair. I smiled and walked the school in. I heard a lot of whispers.

"She is still there, smiling?"

"I thought she would have transferred schools already."

"Is she just mentally strong or is there something wrong with Natsu?"

I understood the whispers...kinda. I mean, I heard some cruel stories about Natsu, but we became friends, but they don't know that. And besides, half of those rumors were a little exaggerated.

I walked to my friends with Levy and greeted them. We went to the classroom and I saw the boys already there.

I sat down Natsu and smiled to no one in particular. The lessons were quick over and we were dismissed. It was already lunch time. I grabbed my food and began to eat. I brought a sandwich with me. I saw that I had peppers with me.

Right, I promised Natsu to bring peppers, don't ask why. I brought it to him and walked back after hearing a "Thanks Luce."

I sat again down next to Erza. We were talking over random things.

Soon Lisanna came from now were and slapped me. She also pushed me to the ground. My friends were trying to get to me, but her minions blocked the way. I just stuck my hand out, meaning I'm okay.

I sat on the ground and people were gathering. The slap didn't hurt much. The boys watched too, alarmed at the sudden act of violence. Lisanna pushed me again when I tried to stand up.

I didn't fight back. I didn't want to be suspended.

She can do what she wants, but this time it feels like a fly is kicking me. Natsu helped me with my confidence a little during the school trip.

Of course I didn't start from scratch. I was confident, it's just, sometimes I'm doubting myself.

She wanted to slap me again but Natsu grabbed her arm. There were gasps everywere.

"Did Natsu just stop Lisanna from hitting Lucy?"

"You would think you have learned your lesson by now. Stop this Lisanna," he said threateningly. I stood up and went to Natsu's side.

He looked at me, his eyes full of emotion. He didn't turn his back on me.

And I'm not gonna lie, I thought that once this week was over, Natsu would fall into his old habits. Maybe.

Old habits are hard to break, so why wouldn't he? And I know that once you want to change, it only takes much effort to accomplish. You don't change in a day, but as long as you want it, the steps are there.