Chapter 10 - crossing the line

~Natsu's POV~

"Hey Luce!" I called out during the break. She turned around and gave me a cold stare. I couldn't deny it, I felt a little chill.

"What do you want?" she asked while walking to me.

"No, wait, forget it. I'm done with you and your tricks. I don't care anymore. You can tear the bracelet, burn it or throw it away. All this isn't worth for some damn bracelet," she spat.

She surprised me. I knew that the bracelet is her only thing she got from her parents. I grabbed her hand before she could walk away.

"Not so fast. Do you even think that I'm done with you?" I said. There's no way I'm done with her. I just found some excitement in my life.

She snatched her hand away and turned around to face me, walking backwards. "You know, you're really immature. Nobody can like the likes of you." She gasped right after, probably not expecting that to come out of her mouth.

I snarled, clenching my hands. That hurt way more than it should have.

She sighed. "What happened?"

"Huh?"

"Come on, every cold person was once someone who loved. So, where is this person, what happened?"

I narrowed my eyes. "None of your business."

She glared right back, putting a hand on her hip. "So you're gonna live like this? Give me a hint."

I turned around and lifted up my shirt. She gasped.

Right on my back, there were five big scars. All from the accident.

I turned around, giving her a dead glare. "See why this is none of your business? You don't even know the basics about me, like my favorite color, so why should I tell you my deepest feelings?"

She pulled her mouth in a tight line, probably wondering what she's doing here. "It's red."

"What?"

"Your favorite color. Your room screamed the color red."

"Is that all you're gonna say?"

She went silent, and disappointment flooded over me. She said she wanted to know, and when I showed her a hint, she was done talking.

Everyone is like this. Fucking everyone. They're only here for the fun.

I clicked my tongue and walked away. Not worth it

"Yo, where is Lucy?" Gray and Jellal asked at the same time. But what shocked me was that Laxus asked the same question.

"She's is done with me, so I can't blackmailing her anymore. She doesn't care about her item anymore," I shrugged it off. Everybody gave me an 'O' look. I don't even care about that damn deal anymore that we did for two days.

Heartfilia can go to hell, acting like she could help me or anyone for that matter.

I thought about what to do next. I sighed and walked to my favorite spot, the rooftop.

I saw Lucy eating her lunch all by herself. Her eyes shot up to me, and she groaned. She tried walking passed me, but of course I didn't let her.

I grabbed her and pinned her on a wall. "You are such a bitch," I sneered.

"Try me, Dragneel. Show me your worst and I bet I'd still be here," Lucy said.

"Yeah, sure." I snorted.

"Just because something happened doesn't mean everyone is like that, or that the same will happen again," she spat.

I squinted my eyes, staring in her brown eyes.