Chapter 33 - us included

Soo...yeh. I'm not proud of the last chapter, but I'm to lazy to change it. So I have to bear with it.

But have fun reading this chapter😁

________________________________

~Lucy's POV~

I woke up feeling happy for some reason. I wanted to change for school, but forgot that I have the meeting of my brother.

There was a knock on the door. "Lucy, are you up yet?"

I opened the door and greeted my brother. "Yeah, I'm ready," I said.

We ate a simple breakfast and Luke drove to wherever we are going to. "So brother, which project?" I asked curious.

He didn't give me much information yesterday. "Just to make our bond stronger and things like that," he said. "I think," he mumbled afterwards.

I facepalmed. He didn't know it himself.

I looked through the window, leaning on my palm.

"Hey, Luke. I was wondering, don't you ever feel... you know, alone?"

"Sometimes," he said quietly, looking at me.

I smiled sadly. "Is there somebody else in your life?"

"It wouldn't work anyways. I'm too occupied with work to even have time to spend with people."

I grabbed his hand, kissing it softly. "Even dad had our mom, and they loved each other. You deserve someone like that in your life too. Do you at least have friends?"

He scoffed in response. "I'm not the lonely kid I was in high school." He smiled slightly. "I have an amazing best friend."

I smiled at his reply.

After a half hour we reached our destination.

We went inside a building and it was huge. We took an elevator to go to the top. We came in a room with a round table and a lot of chairs.

Apparently we were almost the last one to arrive. We sat down and we waited for the last family to arrive.

"Sorry for the wait," a voice said that I recognized. I turned around and saw the Dragneel family, including Natsu.

They sat down too and Natsu sat next to me smiling. "Didn't know you would be here too, Luce," he whispered in my ear. "Likewise," I respond back.

"Well, I guess everyone arrived. We're here to discuss our business with each other and how we could stronger our connection," a man said with brown hair. I think I recognize him from somewhere.

There were around four kids around my age in the room, all looking bored around, like me. Wendy was there too. So there were six kids in the room, including me.

The adults began to discuss things, while I groaned. Why did I have to attend?

I looked at Natsu and he too was having a bored expression. Then they began to discuss some matters about an orphange.

"I heard the Scarlet orphanage is out of money. If they are going bankrupt, we can use this to our advantage and build a hotel," a man said. My jaw fell to the ground.

I stood up wildly, catching everyone's attention. "You can't do that! Those kids have nowhere to go!"

I looked him deadly in the eye. He almost pulled his mouth in a snarl, but he coughed instead and adjusted his tie.

"Lucy, sit down," my brother demanded and I sat down, glaring at him.

My brother's hands were clenched and he frowned.