Chapter 31 - sort of

~Nobody's POV~

Natsu and Lucy were doing a project together. It wasn't awkward, but you can't say it was comfortable.

It was the next day after Lisanna got her ass kicked by Lucy. "You know you're doing it wrong, right?" Lucy asked to Natsu.

He looked away, embarrassed. "Pff, of course I knew. I... uhm...tested you," Natsu said crossing his arms. Lucy giggled and they went further with the project.

"Would Ms. Heart and Mr. Dragneel go to the office, please?" they heard from a speaker.

Lucy and Natsu looked at each other confusing written on their faces. They hestitated, but stood up.

They went outside the classroom, walking in the hallway.

"Where do you think this is about?" Lucy asked, eyeing Natsu. "I don't know. I didn't cause trouble lately...at least, I hope so," Natsu murmered.

They were in front of the office and Lucy knocked.

"Come in."

Natsu opened the door. The wider it goes, the more people they could see. Lisanna stood there, her arms crossed.

Lucy and Natsu both scowled, knowing that she did something. Lisanna could never leave them alone.

"Sit," Makarov said. Lisanna and her friends stood besides the desk.

"Why are we here, gramps?" Natsu asked, annoyance in his tone. He leaned back in his seat, eyeing everyone in the room.

He showed them a video where Lucy kicked Lisanna and Natsu pushed her friends. Lucy's eyes widened as she sucked in a breath.

Natsu scoffed.

Natsu's and Lucy's hand searched for thhe other and they intertwined it.

"Explain brats," Makarov said.

"I was just helping Luce and she was teaching Lisanna a lesson that you don't play with each other feelings," Natsu said emotionlessly.

Makarov looked at Lisanna, raising an eyebrow. "That's not even close to what Lisanna told me," he said, but his voice was neutral, so he haven't chosen a side yet.

"What did she told you?" Lucy asked.

"That you kicked her just because she said something to Natsu," Makarov explained. Natsu inwardly groaned at how low Lisanna could get.

Now it was Lucy's turn to scoff.

"You believe me, right? I never lied to you," Lisanna said innocently.

"I don't do—" Makarov began but was cut off.

"No. You have to believe us. The whole school knows that Lisanna is cruel. Her friend tried to attack me so Natsu defended me! There were witnesses," Lucy said, throwing her arms in the air.

This took his interest. "Who?" he asked.

"Our friends," Natsu said.

"No, that is not fair. They could choose the side of them, just because they are friends," one of Lisanna's friends said.

Oh, so they have brains?

"One of you is lying, but who?" Makarov said, but probably not expecting an honest answer.

They all were waiting for his conclusion. He sighed. "Well, because I don't know who did it, I suspend everyone in the room for a week."

All the eyes went wide.