Chapter 5 - novel

~Natsu's POV~

I decided to let Lucy have an extra week without obstacles. I am such a nice guy. No, just no. I was just too lazy to do things today.

I walked to school and Lisanna ran to me. Oh my God, why her? I'm single, and she acts like my girlfriend.

Please, in her dreams. I don't do girlfriends. They're a waste of time.

"Hey Natsu, did you miss me?" Lisanna said. How did I ever had a crush on her during my childhood?

"Nope, now leave. I don't have time for you." My good mood was gone. Her high-pitch voice was annoying as fuck.

"But I know you want me," she purred in my ear. Gross.

I pushed her off me and walked away. I've done it with her one time, nothing more.

"When are we gonna start?" Gajeel asked. I know what he meant by that.

"I give her an extra week," I said, not caring. Maybe I'm just bored, that's why I wanted this fuel between us. I mean, she's interesting enough.

"Okay, even though I wanna start now." Gajeel sounded upset. Right, he likes to physical hurt people. I like to mess with people mentally.

Soon Erza walked to me, and then she was dragging me away.

"How dare you threaten one of my friends?" she said, really sounding pissed at me.

"Look, I don't care what you think, she's at fault. Don't mess with me, Erza. We were friends in the past, nothing more. You can't command me like you did. Why do you even care?"

"She's my friend. Jesus, whatever happened to you when Zeref died, it changed you." She gestured at my whole body. "You aren't the same, cheery kid anymore. You are this lost, stupid person."

I twitched my eyebrow and clenched my hands. "Shut the fuck up," I hissed. "Yes, I've changed, that's what happens when someone you love dies, Erza."

This isn't about Lucy anymore, it's about me.

I walked away, furious.

"Just stop, Natsu. This whole 'revenge' thing is stupid. Don't be this mess."

I turned my head, giving her a glare. "Lucy is lucky she has another week." Erza glared right back, walking away.

"Let me guess, you found a new person to mess with, didn't ya?" Gray asked in the classroom.

"Yup."

Gray was rolling his eyes at me. "Seriously, you need to stop with the way you act." Gray was the kindest in our group.

"Don't care." Right then Lucy walked in and Gray left to his spot.

She stopped. "Aren't you going to do something to me?" she asked, placing her hand on her hip.

"Nope."

I could see her visibly relaxing.

"Next week I am going to begin, better prepare yourself." I put a hair strand behind her ear, feeling her freeze. The teacher wasn't here yet, better use the opportunity.

She clenched her hands. She opened her mouth to probably cuss at me, but closed it.

"Come on, say what you want to say to me," I said.

It's fine now. Now we both had this fuel between us. First she said nothing, then "You're so full of yourself, how can you even be popular? You are nothing more than a troublemaker. You are such an asshole."