Chapter 15 - or else?

~Lucy's POV~

I woke up in bed. Natsu wasn't in the room, then I remembered the events that happened yesterday. Heartbreak because of family is just the worst.

I was still wondering where I stand with Natsu. Now that I think about it, I did not remember ever walking towards our room.

I facepalmed. I fell asleep in a public park? Talk about dangerous. But the fact that my heart and brain trusted Natsu enough to bring me back is doing something to me.

I don't trust people that easily.

The door slammed open.

"Yo, Lucy," Natsu said, but this time it held a little more kindness in it than before.

"Hey, Natsu." I saw the bag he has in his hand. "What's that?" I asked while coming out of my bed. He unpacked it and it was food.

"I brought you lunch," he said. My eyes widened and I immediately glanced at the clock. 12.30 it said. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I screamed at him.

Shit man. I had promised to take a walk with Erza this morning.

"Because you looked peaceful when you slept," he said, showing me a half smile.

"Where do we stand?" I asked timidly, grabbing some food.

Natsu swallowed loudly, his hands clenched. "I think it's better for you to leave me alone."

I scoffed. "Like hell I would. I told you before, didn't I? I'd still be here." I crossed my arms, watching as his eyebrows narrowed.

"Why me? I'm nothing. The only thing I have for me is my looks," he said, trying to hide his feelings by joking about it.

Unconsciously, my eyes scanned his appearance. The way his shirt embraced his toned body, and the way his pants fitted him. Then I went to his face. His pink hair was beautiful, along with his eyes and smirk.

Smirk?

My cheeks flushed, knowing he caught me.

"You're cute when you blush," of course that didn't even help a bit. "Shut up, before I make you," I said, taking a bite.

"I wanna see you try," he said while smirking. I just acted like I didn't hear him. Natsu laughed and ate with me.

"And now seriously. Where do we stand?"

He shrugged, his eyes guilty. "You decide."

"We can start over again," I said softly.

"Good," he said.

"Can it sound more sarcastic?" I replied to his 'enthusiastic' answer.

He glared at me before gripping the food tightly.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Sorry, this is new," he said lowly, looking away.

I understand. Step by step.

I went to change in a simple outfit. But again...

Why can't my simple brain understand that I wasn't alone?

"Don't say a single word, Dragneel," I demanded.

He smirked "Or else?" he said, challenging me.

"I Lucy Kick you," I said with my scariest tone I could master. It worked; I saw him froze a bit. I smiled in victory, Natsu mumbled something and went to the room.

"Bye, Natsu, I'm going to the mall," and I walked the door out. I was going alone today, because Levy went to the library, Erza to the cakeshop, Mira to Laxus and Juvia went to stalk Gray.