Chapter 37 - meet up

~Lucy's POV~

Next week...

I just got a telephone call from Ayumi. She was done making my dress. So today I am going to get it.

We agreed to meet up in the park. I am currently waiting for her to come. "Boo!"

I jumped from the shock. Ayumi laughe. "Got ya."

I rolled my eyes. "Very funny."

She let me see the dress. It was exactly like she drew the other day. I felt the fabric in my hands. It was soft, exactly how I like it. "And?" Ayumi asked hopeful.

I nodded, "It is beautiful." I said, no trace of sarcasm in my voice. She sighed relieved. "Thanks." She did the dress in so clothing protector.

(A/N something like that, but with some more details on it - or whatever you call that)

"You are actually the first one to like one of my designs," Ayumi confessed. We were sitting on a bench. I stared at her shocked. "But your work is amazing."

She blushed at the compliment. "Others don't think that way."

I bit my lip. Apparently I was her first custumor who liked her work and the boy she fell in love with is taken.

Light bulb.

I turned to Ayumi. "Hey, do you want to work and design for modeshows and even with famous designers?"

She turned to look at me, tilting her head. "Of course I want that. That is my dream. But nobody wants me. Making a name for yourself is difficult."

I placed my hand on her knee and have her a reassuring smile. "My brother owns a succesful company, and is working with a design company. And luckily for you they are searching for designers. Love&Lucky is the name of the company."

Her eyes lit up, but then as quickly as it came they dissapeared. "But nobody wants a beginner to work in a design company, totally if it is the Love&Lucky company."

"Don't worry. I am technical the CEO of the company so I make the calls." I wasn't lying. I am the CEO, but due to that I was still going to school someone took that job from me over. But I am still superior to her, so I'm still in charge.

"But would you want to do that for me?" Ayumi was already beginning to get hopeful. I nodded. "Everything for a friend, plus, not doing something with your talent would be a waste."

It didn't take her long to hug me. She repeatedly kept thanking me. I called Mia, the current CEO, and informed her. She wanted to complain how we are so succesful that we couldn't just hire some beginners. "Listen here Mia. Ayumi is the best designer I met, she may be a beginner, but you know even beginners could surpass the pros. And you maybe are second in command, but don't forget I'm in charge. So it is you hire her or I fire you." And with that I ended the call.